• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Quality of PC Games vs Console Games?

blackbagel

The graphics is much better on the PC if that what you are asking. The graphic on the PC are much better because of the fact that the graphic card are more powerful on the PC because you can always get the latest ones. Compared to the console which the company decides which one to use which are usually are just enough to get decent graphics without spending too much.

pxyc

This video shows a really good comparison of BF4 Beta on PC and XBox 360 graphics. I think you can guess which one wins :)

BlackSolaris

Professional Escapologist
If there is a version for the PC, 99% of the times you will be playing that version. There is no other reason to play it on consoles.
With that said, there is console exclusives, and those you can't take to the PC... yet.

Annetteb

I like both actually. I think the pc has better graphics than consoles, but there are some realky good exclusive games on consoles too. I play on both platforms and I love thrm both. I don't realky choose between them.

iShootRocks

Graphics wise PC will always out-do consoles. They just have way more power than you could put into a console, unless you want to buy a $2,000 console ever couple of years that is. That being said, some games are much better on consoles such as racing games. They are so much more realistic. :p

mikerossuk

All depends on the hardware your rocking! I think that if you have a run of the mill PC the fact that mods are easier to develop for most games and the fact the updates are more freely available, it's the PC everytime. It may sound strange but I only think PC's are good for single player, theres nothing like gaming with friends on a console!

mccanono

Generally speaking, games are better on PCs.

I could still remember playing Red Alert on PS1 and when I tried playing the game on our computer, I never played it again on PS. Haha

RammsteinGamer

PC versions of games have always been more cutting edge but I still prefer consoles. Perhaps its because I grew up with them and didn't own a PC until last year.

xdratx1

This would be debateable but obviously, consoles are designed for gamers whereas PCs are mostly used for other things such as work, research, browsing etc. Unless ofcourse you have a gaming PC such as an alienware computer. Speaking of which, I'm looking forward to buy the Steam OS soon when it's released. It's a computer system designed especially for Steam games.

Kwizkey

This depends on whether the game is a console port or not, but even so a top spec PC will absolutely stomp console performance because it is streets ahead in hardware. Even though games are optimised for consoles, a monster PC will always come out on top.

themarting

This would be debateable but obviously, consoles are designed for gamers whereas PCs are mostly used for other things such as work, research, browsing etc. Unless ofcourse you have a gaming PC such as an alienware computer. Speaking of which, I'm looking forward to buy the Steam OS soon when it's released. It's a computer system designed especially for Steam games.

I dont think it has to be specifically an Alienware computer. Most people can build a pc that will outperform an alienware for a fraction of the cost. I think games are more CONVENIENT to play on a console, its easier to pick up and play without making sure you have the right specs, have a good monitor, have a decent mouse and keyboard etc etc. With a console you just pick up and play. However the upsides of those hoops you have to walk through for PC gaming pay off majorly in the form of better immersion, MUCH better graphics and being able to mod the game without voiding your systems warranty or having your xbox live service revoked

Last edited:

dannyboy

Yeah i think if you have a solid up to date computer, the games will always look better on there as opposed to the console. I am on the compter a lot so PC games are a huge part of my gaming experience.

russelfurd

I'm starting to purchase a ton of PC games due to the graphics...but also just how cheap they are. The new Batman is 10 dollars less on the PC. I really want to get the PS4...but until I can afford it, I'll be playing mostly PC.

themarting

I'm starting to purchase a ton of PC games due to the graphics...but also just how cheap they are. The new Batman is 10 dollars less on the PC. I really want to get the PS4...but until I can afford it, I'll be playing mostly PC.

I picked up bioshock 1 and 2 for 5 bucks! to make that even better, those 5 bucks were free courtesy of Bing rewards!

I ashamed its taken me so long to come over to the PC side, everything is SO much cheaper!
Next thing on my list is an adapter to connect my xbox wireless controllers to my pc.

mauricioq

A computer with the best hardware available on the market will always have better graphics than the console one's, it has been like for a long time and it will always be.
And that's the only point... the rest stays the same, unless it's a crappy port then the pc version won't be as good.

corporatenoun

With PC's you have a lot of control over the parts. There is a lot of paraphernalia that can be purchased to improve the graphic quality of the games. With consoles you don't have that customization.

Gamer_Fries

Really the quality of either is usually completely subjective considering graphics today are really good enough for it not to matter. The best gaming platform is the ones you enjoy and that your friends play.

themarting

I think dollar for dollar though consoles win. You can build a PC that looks much better than a console but you will also spend MUCH MUCH more.

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements