• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PSVR headset shows only a static screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibsen3

Hello,

This is my first post here. I've been using my PS4 for a long time now and there is nothing wrong with my display for the PS4 itself on an ex-PC monitor. However, after happily using my PSVR for over a year, I turned on the headset to find that all that was showing was a static screen (no problems with the audio). I'm pretty sure this may have been caused by an update as, when I booted up the PS4, the screen wasn't showing up for a moment on the monitor itself. This seemed to correct itself after a while (odd!) but I haven't been able to use the PSVR since (2-3 weeks ago now). I can't imagine this has been caused by damage as my setup does not get moved and never receives any rough treatment, spillages etc. So far, I found a thread on Reddit that explores a few solutions such as switching the HDMI cable to 1.8 and upwards (and yet I still have the original cables that came with the box), removing and re-attaching the headset cable from the box (done this but no success) and adjusting the screen resolution (done this but still no success). Along the way, I discovered that I have the second version of the PSVR but it's a first-generation PS4. If anything, I figured the PS4 would need fixing first.

Does anyone have any suggestions? The very idea that I would have to pay the fee for fixing it is utterly ridiculous as the fee is more than the bargain price I received the PSVR for. I'd be better off selling the parts if there was a market for such a thing. If it doesn't get fixed then this is certainly the last PlayStation product I will ever buy because I can't believe the complete and total lack of support. The PlayStation forums don't seem to be responding at all and it's particularly galling because I only just a new PSVR game and motion controllers and was about to get them both installed before this happened.

Any help would be very gratefully received.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Preach2k PLAYSTATION 5 ( PS5 ) REVEAL DETAIL SOON ! / DESIGN LEAK - UI / PSVR 2 2020! PlayStation 5 0
TheKarateKid PSVR box stays on PlayStation VR 1
F Ps4 + psvr PlayStation 4 0
D HDR signal support for PSVR PlayStation VR 0
I Headset Advice PlayStation 4 1
Y Stealth 600 wireless headset useless once dongle lost cuz I can't seem to replace it PlayStation 4 0
B Is there a reset button for the PS3 wireless headset? PlayStation 4 1
N Broken headset? PlayStation 4 0
J Headset with Mobile Sync PlayStation 4 0
W PlayStation 4 Gold Wireless Stereo Headset PlayStation 4 3
L gold wireless headset, ps4, and in game chat? new to ps4. PlayStation 4 1
S Corsair Vengeance 1500 headset on PS4 PlayStation 4 1
L Recommend me do : PS4 Headset PlayStation 4 1
D PS4 headset recommendations for me. PlayStation 4 2
I Need help with choosing a viable headset. Please help! PlayStation 4 2
Oberon PS4 Morpheus VR Headset Launching in 2016 PlayStation VR 6
H Cab you make any headset a virtual surround sound headset? PlayStation 4 5
J Can I use a USB Mic (Blue yeti) + Headset (Astro A40)? PlayStation 4 0
L Help with Sony Gold Headset PlayStation 4 4
EVILDEAD333 Project Morpheus' PlayStation 4 Virtual Reality Headset PlayStation VR 6
Oberon New Sony PS4 and PS3 Headset Has 7.1 Virtual Surround Sound,$70 PlayStation 4 9
A My opinion about the headset.. PlayStation 4 3
K Reasonably priced headset? PlayStation 4 29
K Gaming headset PlayStation 4 45
Pennykid Headset ? PlayStation 4 0
KMJ_84 Sony announces VR headset Project Morpheus during GDC session PlayStation VR 9
S Which headset works with the PS4? PlayStation 4 8
S What headset please help PlayStation 4 7
KMJ_84 Sony to reveal PlayStation VR headset at GDC next month – report PlayStation 4 7
KMJ_84 PS4: official wireless headset revealed, requires new firmware update PlayStation 4 1
Oberon The Ulimate Gaming headset: Comrad Gaming Headset PlayStation 4 0
S if you have a headset on bf4 on ps4 add me! PlayStation 4 11
KMJ_84 A Headset That Could Help Cure Gamer Rage Other Gaming Talk 13
S Need Headset advice... PlayStation 4 22
A When will my Playstation "Branded" Pulse Wireless Headset work with my PS4? PlayStation 4 2
P Do you think the PS4 headset is... rubbish? PlayStation 4 33
L Good PS4 Headset? PlayStation 4 1
K PS4 headset PlayStation 4 0
Kosh Triton Kunai Multi-Platform Headset PlayStation 4 9
B Whats the best wireless headset that works on the PS4? PlayStation 4 17
H Sony reports Wireless headset support coming soon PlayStation 4 9
GhostScopess Ps3 headset charge problems with Ps4? PlayStation 4 5
NatureSun Sony Working on PlayStation 4 VR Headset PlayStation 4 16
Clark Wayne Every Xbox One Includes a Chat Headset Xbox 0
Clark Wayne Microsoft Confirms 360 Headset Adapter for Xbox One Xbox 3
Clark Wayne Microsoft prices Xbox One controller at $60, headset at $25 Xbox 1
Clark Wayne Xbox One Controller, Play and Charge Kit and Chat Headset available for pre-order Xbox 0
W TV shows or movies? Off Topic Lounge 10
Oberon Gamescom 2014: Dying Light Gameplay Trailer Shows Off 4-Player Co-Op (new trailer) PlayStation 4 4
KMJ_84 Dying Light PS4 trailer shows off zombie survival game PlayStation 4 3