• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Psn

Spectrum48k

What is this? In lay mans terms can anyone explain please? Can I not play online if I don't have it? In need of an idiots guide please.

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member
What is this? In lay mans terms can anyone explain please? Can I not play online if I don't have it? In need of an idiots guide please.

You do need PSN to set up an account to download games, patches, whatnot. To play online you may need PS+. It depends on the game. Some games allow you to play online without a PS+ account. Some, like Destiny, give you a very limited function without PS+ (like just the story missions but anything co-op needs PS+) and some games don't allow you to play online without it.

Spectrum48k

You do need PSN to set up an account to download games, patches, whatnot. To play online you may need PS+. It depends on the game. Some games allow you to play online without a PS+ account. Some, like Destiny, give you a very limited function without PS+ (like just the story missions but anything co-op needs PS+) and some games don't allow you to play online without it.

Thank you, Titan. I shall wait for my bundle of joy to arrive and set up a PS+ account.

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements