• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PS5 Signal Issues

Ncropper

Hey!
I bought a PS5 roughly a year ago. I've had no issues at all and then all of a sudden, the signal cut out mid way through a game and I've not been able to get it back on.
I've tried swapping HDMI cables and TV and nothing has worked. Even tried to reboot it by long pressing the on/off switch and nothing has helped.
I've checked for damage to the HDMI port and nothing looks unusual.
I'm at a loss now, as I don't know what else to do and there are no other suggestions online.

just wondering if anyone has had the same or similar issue and a way to fix it.

DCLong57

Hey!
I bought a PS5 roughly a year ago. I've had no issues at all and then all of a sudden, the signal cut out mid way through a game and I've not been able to get it back on.
I've tried swapping HDMI cables and TV and nothing has worked. Even tried to reboot it by long pressing the on/off switch and nothing has helped.
I've checked for damage to the HDMI port and nothing looks unusual.
I'm at a loss now, as I don't know what else to do and there are no other suggestions online.

just wondering if anyone has had the same or similar issue and a way to fix it.
I would connect a bluray player or cable box into the same HDMI port on the TV to see if the port is good. If it is, then you know the issue is either in the PS5, or the HDMI port on the console is bad. You're swapped out HDMI's so unless both are bad, it sounds like the console. The resolution might have changed... if the TV is 1080p or 720p and the console is set to higher, it won't send a picture - unless the rez was set to 'Auto'. I'd leave it unplugged from power about 29 mins then try on a different 4K TV if you can. If still nothing, sounds like an issue with the console itself. Strange though.

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements