• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PS5 Pre-orders Delayed Until 2021?

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
I think it's more of a mix between Coronavirus, retailers being stupid, and ...scalpers being stupid.

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member
Agreed with Carlos. I too think it's a mix. Coronavirus definitely disrupted a lot of things, no doubt about that. I'm sure a lot of Sony's employees are working remote, especially in the states. So who knows if they're as productive as if they were in the office setting. I worked remote at the beginning of the pandemic and communication and collaboration was a bit more challenging. Also, logistics I'm sure have taken a huge hit all around in many industries, so it may be harder to get more stock on the boats to ship over from China. I used to work for a national retailer in a corporate setting so I can see how they are dropping the ball too. If other retailers are run like the company I used to work for, probably a lot of people who don't know their ass from their head :)

wispfire

Agreed with Carlos. I too think it's a mix. Coronavirus definitely disrupted a lot of things, no doubt about that. I'm sure a lot of Sony's employees are working remote, especially in the states. So who knows if they're as productive as if they were in the office setting. I worked remote at the beginning of the pandemic and communication and collaboration was a bit more challenging. Also, logistics I'm sure have taken a huge hit all around in many industries, so it may be harder to get more stock on the boats to ship over from China. I used to work for a national retailer in a corporate setting so I can see how they are dropping the ball too. If other retailers are run like the company I used to work for, probably a lot of people who don't know their ass from their head :)
did they give a specific date on when the release would be?

snikr

For those of use who did not get in on the pre-order, when will the "next batch" of PS5's be for sale?

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member
did they give a specific date on when the release would be?

Official release date is next week.

For those of use who did not get in on the pre-order, when will the "next batch" of PS5's be for sale?

Judging by past years and launches, they'll get some shipments coming in during the next month and then after the holidays is when more shipments will happen. I haven't heard anything official, but you can make inferences from what they've done in the past :) For example, I got a launch model PS2 (played on it last night! Still kicking after 20 years) back in 2000. My mom did not preorder it for me. She just went into the Wiz and they had one left. The preorders for that were sold out and for the most part sold out in stores too. Same thing with PS3. It was tough to get for the holidays, but if you were tenacious and determined enough, you could find it off the shelf. PS4 was the same deal but after the holidays it was easier to get. I'm waiting for PS5 until about March. Stock should be good by then. And if not, I have about 15 other game systems I can play until then :)

snikr

I had read that GameStop MAY have some in stores (not pre-orders) but I would NOT bank on that. Looks like I'll just wait till after the first of the year and see what happens.

Corona Chan

What's the reason for the delay? Is it because of the Coronavirus crisis we are facing?
Reason? because they are fucking retarded, legit so fucking stupid I fucking hope to satans red tits that whoever was responsible for such a gigantic fucking poor decision in a market model, fucking dumbshit moves like this are what make me think twice about if I should continue to hold SONY Stock.

LIKE HOLY FUCKING SHIT NOBODY GIVES A FUCK ABOUT OUR LORD AND SAVOUR CORONA CHAN!!1 what the fuck do people what? a vaccine derived version of Covid that attacked children? because social distancing and dumbshit moves like this are what will give you vaccine derived versions of shit.

Fuck me with a duel shock controller somebody please sent me the address and details of whoever the fuck is responsible for this moronic god level of fucky wucky so I can send shit to their fucking mail box, pre order that you fucking spastics.

Its for money, they doing this shit so you pay bank early rather then when the prices drop, greedy fucking assholes. I would actually prefer that as the sole reason for this fuckup alas I fear they really are fucking just stupid little office pussies scared of fucking nothing.

From dragging their feet with cross platform shit to this there are some special fucking peanuts at work at sony people.

I'm on the hold line right now to sony ready to blast a motherfucker

Last edited by a moderator: