• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PS5 Hardware Reveal Trailer

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Sony just wrapped up a livestream of the PlayStation 5 games, and Sony's been teasing the console reveal throughout the whole livestream. Then, there it was. The reveal of PlayStation 5, and PlayStation 5 Digital Edition...

Angry_Chainsaw

I am now very pissed, as a member of the PS ecosystem, who has invested since January 2018th and purchasing PS4Pro console (that's my first console in life ever), and then PSVR, PS Camera V2, PS Platinum headset, Nacon Pro DS4 controller and spent on PS software, from then, around $2500; I am now very glad that I decided to buy a high-end gaming PC with all the peripheries, and I wish to SONY Corporation as fast as it possible final bankrupt, because that's their way - how they think of their new users (unlike Microsoft who has a completely different policy and much better piece of hardware with full backward compatibility) , like me, who buy PS4Pro as the first and main gaming hardware and which are release at january 2017th in my country which are not supported by the PSN!!!
I knew it was the stench, but such a stench with so many "fast SSD" with a 825Gb of internal storage without possibility of expanding it by the SONY company, as with the date of the new headset, the new PS camera for all fans of VR games, as for the streamers, in addition they will have to do a large upgrade TV, which SONY company has an entire ONE model that fully supports the next gen console gaming , but not be afraid because soon will SONY release new TV's and I believe that - that boosted trash bin white color will be capable to run exclusive games at 8K in the standard [SONY 30fps], I wish them a high-speed bankruptcy!!!

Послато са SM-N960F помоћу Тапатока

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member
I am now very pissed, as a member of the PS ecosystem, who has invested since January 2018th and purchasing PS4Pro console (that's my first console in life ever), and then PSVR, PS Camera V2, PS Platinum headset, Nacon Pro DS4 controller and spent on PS software, from then, around $2500; I am now very glad that I decided to buy a high-end gaming PC with all the peripheries, and I wish to SONY Corporation as fast as it possible final bankrupt, because that's their way - how they think of their new users (unlike Microsoft who has a completely different policy and much better piece of hardware with full backward compatibility) , like me, who buy PS4Pro as the first and main gaming hardware and which are release at january 2017th in my country which are not supported by the PSN!!!
I knew it was the stench, but such a stench with so many "fast SSD" with a 825Gb of internal storage without possibility of expanding it by the SONY company, as with the date of the new headset, the new PS camera for all fans of VR games, as for the streamers, in addition they will have to do a large upgrade TV, which SONY company has an entire ONE model that fully supports the next gen console gaming , but not be afraid because soon will SONY release new TV's and I believe that - that boosted trash bin white color will be capable to run exclusive games at 8K in the standard [SONY 30fps], I wish them a high-speed bankruptcy!!!

Yeah. Something tells me Sony ain't going bankrupt anytime soon so keep dreaming. And you're wrong on the hard drive. They're using an M.2 drive meaning if you want to upgrade, you can upgrade. User hard drive upgrades have been their M.O. since the days of the PS2. They've used easily attainable commercial hard drives since the PS2 and I highly doubt they'd ever limit you to the one size. Hell, even the XBoxes have always allowed you to upgrade if you wanted (but I think the original was a pain). PS3, PS4 I've upgraded the hard drives and PS5 will be no different. Hell, I'll probably have replaced the M.2 drive within a year of getting mine because I always upgrade the drives for more storage.

Also, hate to break it to you but you talking about MS being more powerful means nothing in the console wars. PS1, PS2 and PS4 were less powerful than their competitors in their respective generations and they won those generations. PS3 was the most powerful of that generation and they lost to the 360 (there's many reasons why I don't feel like getting into).

And to address the backwards compatibility, nothing has been confirmed or denied by Sony yet so keep your pants on. But they did file a patent that looks promising should they implement it at some point. As far as I know, they did say it will be backwards compatible with PS4. And I'm sure if they wanted to they could get PS1 games to work they could easily, seeing as PS2 and PS3 could play them no problem. Only reason PS2 and PS3 haven't had backwards compatibility in subsequent consoles is because they used proprietary hardware (Emotion Engine on PS2 and Cell on PS3) which makes it difficult to make backwards compatible without the hardware to do it. It's a technical reason. MS was able to do it because they always from the beginning used more PC hardware and architecture in their consoles. And even then, they use software emulation to achieve it, and it's not always 100%. Some games in the Xbox library can't be backwards compatible. Some games are buggy and still need the original consoles to run well. Either way, backwards compatibility doesn't matter much to me since I own all the PlayStation consoles and they're all in good working order and hooked up. If I want to play PS2, I just fire up one of the two I have ready to go :)

Sony just wrapped up a livestream of the PlayStation 5 games, and Sony's been teasing the console reveal throughout the whole livestream. Then, there it was. The reveal of PlayStation 5, and PlayStation 5 Digital Edition...

I saw that. GameStop must have crapped their pants when they saw that. Also, I got a promo email from them yesterday about the PS5 reveal and they showed the digital version to be more angled so you can't see it doesn't have a disc drive (I screenshotted it for those who haven't seen it :p). I have this feeling they're either going to stock very low amounts of the Digital Version or really pressure people to get the disc drive version. I personally believe Sony is testing the waters here. I believe these two versions are an experiment to see which consumers prefer. The outcome will dictate the generation after. If they're about even, we may see a disc drive in the following generation. If it outsells, this may be the last generation with a disc drive. Which saddens me because I'm a collector and love to display my collection. Also, if it does well, the inevitable PS5 Slim may just be a digital only version. This is gonna be very interesting. I hope the disc drive version sells well. But I do understand where things are going.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Angry_Chainsaw

Yeah. Something tells me Sony ain't going bankrupt anytime soon so keep dreaming. And you're wrong on the hard drive. They're using an M.2 drive meaning if you want to upgrade, you can upgrade. User hard drive upgrades have been their M.O. since the days of the PS2. They've used easily attainable commercial hard drives since the PS2 and I highly doubt they'd ever limit you to the one size. Hell, even the XBoxes have always allowed you to upgrade if you wanted (but I think the original was a pain). PS3, PS4 I've upgraded the hard drives and PS5 will be no different. Hell, I'll probably have replaced the M.2 drive within a year of getting mine because I always upgrade the drives for more storage.

Also, hate to break it to you but you talking about MS being more powerful means nothing in the console wars. PS1, PS2 and PS4 were less powerful than their competitors in their respective generations and they won those generations. PS3 was the most powerful of that generation and they lost to the 360 (there's many reasons why I don't feel like getting into).

And to address the backwards compatibility, nothing has been confirmed or denied by Sony yet so keep your pants on. But they did file a patent that looks promising should they implement it at some point. As far as I know, they did say it will be backwards compatible with PS4. And I'm sure if they wanted to they could get PS1 games to work they could easily, seeing as PS2 and PS3 could play them no problem. Only reason PS2 and PS3 haven't had backwards compatibility in subsequent consoles is because they used proprietary hardware (Emotion Engine on PS2 and Cell on PS3) which makes it difficult to make backwards compatible without the hardware to do it. It's a technical reason. MS was able to do it because they always from the beginning used more PC hardware and architecture in their consoles. And even then, they use software emulation to achieve it, and it's not always 100%. Some games in the Xbox library can't be backwards compatible. Some games are buggy and still need the original consoles to run well. Either way, backwards compatibility doesn't matter much to me since I own all the PlayStation consoles and they're all in good working order and hooked up. If I want to play PS2, I just fire up one of the two I have ready to go :)
You are another SONY PONY boy... 700$ for pre order for this roaster toaster. I never say that SONY will bunkrupt, but SonyPlaystation will be soon. You will see that and we (me and my 200 PSN close friends) all waiting to see that and joining at the moment...

I saw that. GameStop must have crapped their pants when they saw that. Also, I got a promo email from them yesterday about the PS5 reveal and they showed the digital version to be more angled so you can't see it doesn't have a disc drive (I screenshotted it for those who haven't seen it :p). I have this feeling they're either going to stock very low amounts of the Digital Version or really pressure people to get the disc drive version. I personally believe Sony is testing the waters here. I believe these two versions are an experiment to see which consumers prefer. The outcome will dictate the generation after. If they're about even, we may see a disc drive in the following generation. If it outsells, this may be the last generation with a disc drive. Which saddens me because I'm a collector and love to display my collection. Also, if it does well, the inevitable PS5 Slim may just be a digital only version. This is gonna be very interesting. I hope the disc drive version sells well. But I do understand where things are going.
Real, for me look like they reading Froyd too much, !!!

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
You are another SONY PONY boy... 700$ for pre order for this roaster toaster. I never say that SONY will bunkrupt, but SonyPlaystation will be soon. You will see that and we (me and my 200 PSN close friends) all waiting to see that and joining at the moment...
You will respect our users here. Either that, or I'll (or @Titan, who is a moderator) open the door for you so you can walk out on your own.

This is a PlayStation site. I don't know why you're acting like this. And, I don't even know what you're mad about. PS4 was $400 when it launched here in U.S. PS3 was $600 when it launched here in U.S. I went over this with you a few months ago. And here you are, acting angry.

I've been with PlayStation from the very late stage of the original PlayStation, and I've been a customer since. The most expensive console I've ever bought in my life was the PS3 at $600.

And if you're mad about the price... You're mad about nothing, the price of the PS5 has not been announced. Most retailers who have prices on the console itself are PLACEHOLDERS.

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member

Real, for me look like they reading Froyd too much, !!!

HAHAHAHAHA. Wow. 700? Where'd you get that number? Sony hasn't even announced it yet. At this point you're just talking out of your ass and trolling. And you said you never said they won't go bankrupt but will soon because of you're "200 PSN close friends"? You just said it and contradicted yourself. And I doubt you have 200 close PSN friends. Spam bots don't count :cool:

And to your comment on the Sony Pony? I've admitted I'm a bit of a PS fanboy. I've owned every PS console since the beginning. But I also own Sega consoles, Nintendo consoles, I've enjoyed Xbox games and have plenty of games on PC. If the games are good, console doesn't matter.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Preach2k Digital Foundry Confirm Massive PS5 Specs That Crushed Microsoft! Sony Did The Impossible! PlayStation 5 1
Preach2k PS5: It's Better Than You Think! PlayStation 5 0
snikr PS5 storage PlayStation 5 6
Carlos Geoff Keighley goes hands on with PS5's controller PlayStation 5 0
T Question: Will my games bought on the PSN Store (ranging from Ps1 to Ps3) be compatible with PS5 PlayStation 5 2
Manveer A Man Playstation Home on PS5 PlayStation 5 6
Preach2k PLAYSTATION 5 ( PS5 ) - PS5 EVENT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED FOR THIS THURSDAY ! PlayStation 5 0
Preach2k PS5: Where's The Rest Of It? PlayStation 5 1
D Compatible wheels with PS5 will be? PlayStation 5 Accessories & Peripherals 5
Preach2k PLAYSTATION 5 Dev Kit Demo | PS5 Graphics | PS5 Home Screen Reveal | AMAZING! PlayStation 5 0
J PS5 titles with PS+ at launch??? PlayStation 5 0
Preach2k PS5: What's Taking SO Long? PlayStation 5 3
ExZeroSix PS5 graphics and gameplay is crazy good! PlayStation 5 0
Preach2k PLAYSTATION 5 ( PS5 ) SONY is NOT Taking Any RISKS This Year ! PlayStation 5 0
Preach2k PS5: Pricing & Patent Leaks Revealed ! PlayStation 5 0
Preach2k PS5 Details REVEALED | Sony PlayStation 5 High End GPU Cooling & Next Gen Console Pricing Details! PlayStation 5 0
Preach2k PS5: Already Won And We Can Prove It! PlayStation 5 2
Preach2k PS5 console reveal LEAKED by Sony Developer! (PlayStation 5 News) PlayStation 5 0
Preach2k Could this be the PS5 Controller? PlayStation 5 Accessories & Peripherals 0
Preach2k PLAYSTATION 5 ( PS5 ) REVEAL DETAIL SOON ! / DESIGN LEAK - UI / PSVR 2 2020! PlayStation 5 0
Preach2k PS5 PlayStation 5 Trailer - ALL CONCEPTS PS5 by VR4Player! PlayStation 5 0
Preach2k PS5: Everything We Know About PlayStation 5 So Far! PlayStation 5 0
Preach2k PS5 | First World Wide Look At The Playstation 5 Design! PlayStation 5 0
Preach2k PS5 PlayStation 5 Trailer - Concept Design V5 - Welcome to the future of Gaming - VR4Player ! PlayStation 5 2
Preach2k Watch Sony's new PS5 announcement from CES 2020! PlayStation 5 0
Preach2k Shocking PS5 Power & Price Advantage | Next Generation Xbox Series X vs. Playstation 5 Specs Leaks! PlayStation 5 0
Preach2k PS5: New Patent Leaks Revealed! PlayStation 5 0
Preach2k WARNING for PS5 - Sony has Denied Release Date & Price! (PS5 News)! PlayStation 5 0
Preach2k PS5 | HUGE PlayStation 5 Rumor | NEW Ps5 ONLY Games | Should Sony Have Cross-Gen | Ps5 News! PlayStation 5 0
Preach2k PS5 new controller LEAKED! What is this?? (PlayStation 5 News) PlayStation 5 Accessories & Peripherals 0
Preach2k PS5 News - Sony will release 2 PlayStation 5 consoles! PlayStation 5 4
Preach2k PS5 Controller Performance and Gameplay Upgrades! (PlayStation 5 News)! PlayStation 5 0
Preach2k PS5 Pro Is Likely To Happen, According To Recent Interview! PlayStation 5 0
Preach2k PS5: The Update You've Been Waiting For! PlayStation 5 0
C Wait... Will PS5 even come out? PlayStation 5 9
Jellyfish If you look at the PS4 what do you expect for the PS5? PlayStation 4 9
J Neo Hardware?? 4k Blu-Ray Player PlayStation 4 4
B PS4 Hardware Re-imagined in Different colors PlayStation 4 6
B A PS4 Specific Hardware/Accessory subforum? Feedback & Suggestions 7
E Rumor: Tekken 7 and Gundam VS to be the first games on Namco’s new arcade hardware PlayStation 4 1
lindbergh What would be your basis in purchasing a new console: Hardware or available software? PlayStation 4 12
Joel Third Party Hardware PlayStation 4 7
Carlos PlayStation 5 Reveal Livestream PlayStation 5 0
Oberon CoD WW11 Multiplayer reveal trailer PlayStation 4 0
Oberon Reveal trailer PlayStation 4 1
J I swear Nintendo, if you don't reveal the NX by Friday... Other Gaming Talk 5
Oberon Kombat Pack 2 reveal trailer PlayStation 4 0
Oberon Mafia 3 confirmed! Reveal comimg next month PlayStation 4 2
Oberon Shadows of Evil Zombies Reveal Trailer PlayStation 4 0
Oberon Call of Duty:Black Ops III multiplayer reveal trailer PlayStation 4 0