• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PS4 Won't Turn On

Soren535

I guess I was one of the unlucky ones.

My PS4 bricked on the first startup, but was able to update the firmware by usb with no problems and get it running again by unplugging the HDD. Got as far as WiFi setup when it crashed and bricked again with that pretty blue blinking light, went through the same procedure and got as far as User selection when I tried plugging in my wireless Soundblaster headset and it crashed again. This time when I tried to turn it on I just got one blue blink with a single click and then nothing, won't power up.

Customer support has me shipping it back to them as soon as the prepaid box arrives... It's going to be a bloody month before I see my PS4. NOT HAPPY.

Anyone else experience something similar?

Frantic

, , Founder, ,
Have you tried the technique of removing the ps4 internal storage to fix it. I guess you remove it then power it on then put it back in or something. Check out the ps4 tips and tricks board as their is a thread related to that. Ill post the link directly to it as soon as I can.

Soren535

Have you tried the technique of removing the ps4 internal storage to in rick it. Check out the ps4 tips and tricks board as their is a thread related to that. Ill post the link directly to it as soon as I can.

Yes, that is how I recovered from the first two BLODs. Even with the HDD out, when I try to power up I get one single blue blink and that is it.

Frantic

, , Founder, ,
I should have read your post more carefully, that really sucks. Did they give you an estimated time of turn around. Can the store you bought it from take care of it or replace it? I know i got mine on a 2 year warranty from best buy. I do that since my ps2 broke down so many times. If the store still has ps4 or will get them soon you can make their problem since you just got it from them.

Soren535

I called Futureshop, thankfully they anticipated a few lemons and kept a certain number of backups at each store. I was in and out with a new PS4 in under 10min. Thankyou Futureshop!!!

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements