• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Ps4 loading issues

wobby82

Hello all. I have a ps4 it's running 3.50
It seems when I leave a game in the system and turn it off , after switching it back on again it won't read the game until I pysicly take the disk out and put it back in again. I have no idea why. It plays the digital games fine. Any ideas would help thanks

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member
Hey wobby. Welcome aboard. Gotta have patience here. You usually have to wait a day or so for a response since there's not a million people on here. Also, Alex is our resident support member but I'll take a crack at it until the sun comes up in his neck of the woods :)

I'm going to say that the disc drive isn't reading the game at boot up for mechanical reasons. When you eject the disc and put it back in, it resets the mechanics of the drive to it's home location. My guess would be maybe the laser stays stuck in the last position it read the disc and doesn't reset when you shut down or boot back up, which it's supposed to do. When you put a disc back in the drive, everything resets which is why it reads the game. These things are finicky sometimes and if you see how many little moving parts are in the drive bay, you'll be amazed.

Do you shut down the console or put it in the rest mode? Do you leave the disc in for long periods of time? Do you turn on your console every day?

Alex_68

Hello all. I have a ps4 it's running 3.50
It seems when I leave a game in the system and turn it off , after switching it back on again it won't read the game until I pysicly take the disk out and put it back in again. I have no idea why. It plays the digital games fine. Any ideas would help thanks

I do pretty agree with Titan about the cause of your problem. You will probably be able fix it easely by rebuilding the database.

Rebuild the database:
1) Turn off the PS4 and unplug the power cable. Wait 10-15 seconds.
2) Plug the cable back in and hold down the power button until you hear a second beep. (it will put your PS4 into SAFE mode).
3) Select option 5 to rebuild the database.

This method checks the PS4 drive and creates a new database of all content.
Do not turn the PS4 off while you’re rebuilding the database. Depending on what you have installed on your HD, it may take from 1 to 10 minutes to accomplish.

4) Restart the PS4.

This should fix the issue both when you wake your console up from the REST mode and from SHUT-DOWN mode.

Keep us upgraded please. Should the rebuild not fix the problem, we will look for another solution.

wobby82

So I did the system rebuild and it showed first corrupt data.then I removed the disk put it back in and it worked. It's always the same. Only when I leave the game disk in and switch the system on with the game already in it shows that fault code.but as soon as I remove the disk and put it back in it loads strait up. If it was a problem with the disk drive it would be a lot more inconsistent surely.
The fault code is always

Co 3005-8

Sometimes you need to just start with the simple and basic stuff. Is your PS4 under warranty? If so, contact Sony. Sounds like a mechanical problem and the machine should either be replaced or fixed if under warranty.

wobby82

It happens with all game disks .there not dirty either. And it's horazontal

Alex_68

So I did the system rebuild and it showed first corrupt data.then I removed the disk put it back in and it worked. It's always the same. Only when I leave the game disk in and switch the system on with the game already in it shows that fault code.but as soon as I remove the disk and put it back in it loads strait up. If it was a problem with the disk drive it would be a lot more inconsistent surely.
The fault code is always

Co 3005-8

Uhm... not good. This error Ce-30005-8 is an input/output issue with data access to your DVD reader.
It occurs always when the disc is dirty or scratched, so please check it again and clean it with a humid tissue, if required.

-If the disc isn't dirty nor scratched, and the error happens only with one game, try to uninstall it, then install it back again.

-If your console is on a vertical position, place it horizontally.

After that, if it happens again, and if it happens with all the games you have on disc, you must contact Sony Service.

wobby82

OK I contacted Sony and described my situation and he said it wouldn't be a problem with my disk reader because it always works when I reinsert the game. I'll have to live with it

OK I contacted Sony and described my situation and he said it wouldn't be a problem with my disk reader because it always works when I reinsert the game. I'll have to live with it

So what did they say the problem is? It is either software or hardware. If you do a complete restore of the OS, that would rule out software and leave me thinking it is hardware. If your under warranty I would keep pushing Sony for a solution to the problem.

Alex_68

By reading several comments here and there throu the internet, this seems to be a known issue which appeared after the OS upgrade 2.55.

Yesterday evening I did the following tests on my PS4, with a game disc inserted:

1) from PS4 turned off in SHUTDOWN mode

-turned it on by tapping on/off sensor ---> passed (*)
-turned it on by pressing the PS button on the controller in wifi mode---> passed
-turned it on by pressing the PS button on the controller in USB mode---> passed
-turned it on by tapping the eject sensor ---> passed

2) from PS4 turned off in REST mode

-turned it on by tapping on/off sensor ---> passed
-turned it on by pressing the PS button on the controller in wifi mode---> passed
-turned it on by pressing the PS button on the controller in USB mode---> passed
-turned it on by tapping the eject sensor ---> failed!

(*) The system recognized the game automatically.

I am quite sure this is an issue related to the OS, which hopefully will be fixed soon with the next upgrades.

Now my question for you are:

-how do you turn your console on and from which mode (shutdown or rest or both) and what button/sensor you use?
-do you shut your console off with open applications or do you close them all before?

Sorry if I insist, but I cannot accept an answer like the one you got from the Sony technician... meh...

wobby82

I always power my system off fully when not in use . I have turned it on by the controller and also tried by the actual power button.

wobby82

I normally just go strait in to power off option without shutting aplications down

Alex_68

I normally just go strait in to power off option without shutting aplications down

I'm not sure if this is causing your problem, maybe not, but it's always good to close all applications before turnning the PS4 off in shutdown mode.

Let me know how the full restore went.

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements