• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PS4 External HD Problems - Constantly Repairing Itself

blackdamarsk

Hi guys,
For the past 5 (??) months, I have been using my external harddrive as extended storage for my PS4. It has worked perfectly until last week (give or take). There was one time where the PS4 took a long time to shut down, so I had to force restart it (with the external HD plugged in). This was the first time I noticed that the external HD had an error message come up, saying that 'it was not removed properly, so it had to be repaired.' The PS4 was able to repair it perfectly, until recently. A few days ago, the PS4 stopped being able to repair it, and it wouldn't even recognise the device anymore, saying 'This device cannot be used.' I had to reformat it, and somehow I got all my data back (don't even ask), but with each reboot, it keeps telling me that the eternal HDD has been uplugged incorrectly and the repair process keeps happening? I'm not sure what to do about this, and I've spent lots of hours on these games that I'm extremely hesitant to buy another external HD.

What can I do about this?

PS My HDD is a Seagate Expansion USB 3.0. Not sure how useful that information is.

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements