• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PS4 Connection issues still happening?

Im not sure if this should be posted here or not and i did look for my answer before postin but could have missed info someplace lol.. So im wondering (before i buy another ps4) Is the PS4 still having connection issues?? .. I bought a ps4 a couple months ago and had a terrible experience with the sign in/connection issue,I even called Sony to try and figure it out.. All they told me was it's my internet provider and the Sony tech said it's because the net provider had closed proxy or something like that and he gave me a list of stuff to have them open.. well come to find out my net provider doesn't have closed ones..lol.. So back to the drawing board, I done everything possible and no luck on anything.. Hard line in to the ps4, reset the ps4, router, unplugged everything (for a while lol) and no change.. The thing I didn't understand stand is how it worked perfect for a couple days then BAM all this hit at once like a computer virus it something.. Anyways let me know if this is still an issue and I'll go buy another ps4, Oh yea I gave up and traded mine in and got an xbox one since my main goal is ONLINE gaming.. Anyways hope this is not an issue anymore.. I need to know if this is still an issue or if they have fixed it with an update or something.. Cause I'm wanting to buy another one since all my friends are on there..

Nackles

Does your XB1 have trouble connecting? If so, that seems like it might have been an isolated incident with your old PS4. I wasn't aware of any connection issues but I also haven't looked into it because I have never had issues.

The ps4 was the only thing that had problems.... If you do a search on you tube about ps4 connection issue you will see what happened.. When I was trying to figure it out I unhooked or turned off everything that uses the internet to make sure it was the ps4 and no change..The xbox 1 runs amazing on the same net setup as the ps4 was hooked to and same as all wifif stuff that I have that runs through it..Xbox runs through Ethernet and when I had the ps4 I tried both wifi and wired both had the same issues.. Wouldn't connect and when it did it was only running 600-800kbps.. Hope someone has info if this has been fixed on all systems cause there are a few people with the same problems..

Last edited:

Takedon

Im not sure if this should be posted here or not and i did look for my answer before postin but could have missed info someplace lol.. So im wondering (before i buy another ps4) Is the PS4 still having connection issues?? .. I bought a ps4 a couple months ago and had a terrible experience with the sign in/connection issue,I even called Sony to try and figure it out.. All they told me was it's my internet provider and the Sony tech said it's because the net provider had closed proxy or something like that and he gave me a list of stuff to have them open.. well come to find out my net provider doesn't have closed ones..lol.. So back to the drawing board, I done everything possible and no luck on anything.. Hard line in to the ps4, reset the ps4, router, unplugged everything (for a while lol) and no change.. The thing I didn't understand stand is how it worked perfect for a couple days then BAM all this hit at once like a computer virus it something.. Anyways let me know if this is still an issue and I'll go buy another ps4, Oh yea I gave up and traded mine in and got an xbox one since my main goal is ONLINE gaming.. Anyways hope this is not an issue anymore.. I need to know if this is still an issue or if they have fixed it with an update or something.. Cause I'm wanting to buy another one since all my friends are on there..
I think you have internet problems. I know that the PSN used to be laggy and crash a lot on the PS3 because it was free. But now, the connection is actually perfect!

I think you have internet problems. I know that the PSN used to be laggy and crash a lot on the PS3 because it was free. But now, the connection is actually perfect!

Please read my last post.. It was NOT due to lag ..There was NO connecting at all .. the first few days was perfect than bam nothing on the PS4 worked(internet wise)... It's not an internet issue, had Nothing to do with my net because everything else worked and still works perfect.. Like I said in the last post just search you tube about the same problem I had and you will understand (hopefully ) what I just said in the other post.. I'm simply asking for people that have had this problem to post and say either this problem had been fixed or no it hasn't been fixed.. No need for people that has NOT had this problem to comment and say what they think it is.. Trust me I tried everything your thinking it could have been and tried everything the sony tech said to try and it was the system Nothing else.. So need to know if it's fixed before I buy another one..

Last edited: