• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Ps plus scam

MajkiMajk

Hi everyone. I would not normally write this but just want to warn everyone so you won't make the same mistake. I have moved to different country so I had to make another account to use that country shop. That's what sony advice.. I did that no problem till my ps plus subscription expired. I have bought new one for new account. Today I've try to play from my old one and I don't have an access to my games from this account as my ps plus on old account expired. I have contact support and they told me I have to buy another ps plus subscription for old account.. Over 9 years games collection and they told me to pay again for it...I think it's a scam... The same console, person and because they don't want to implement account country change or combine two account or something they want me to pay twice for the same subscription... If Xbox can do it why sony can't? "This is for the players"????? Right...

Mike

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
We already know this. This is called region locking. Technically, you CAN use the old account, but you'd have to know the email and password for the account. I know this, because I signed up for a Japanese account back when Killzone 2 was about to come out. I played the beta on my American console.

Now, the problem you're having is understanding. You CAN pay for new PS Plus via credit card, but it will attract hackers, so find PlayStation Plus at your local game shop or convenience store. There's 3 styles: 3 months, 6 months or a year (12 months). Your games are still in the account, its only a matter of renewing your "subscription." [I'm using quotes because that's what it is.]

Think of it like buying a magazine subscription.

It's not a scam. You have to renew the subscription. End of story.

Last edited:

MajkiMajk

We already know this. This is called region locking. Technically, you CAN use the old account, but you'd have to know the email and password for the account. I know this, because I signed up for a Japanese account back when Killzone 2 was about to come out. I played the beta on my American console.

Now, the problem you're having is understanding. You CAN pay for new PS Plus via credit card, but it will attract hackers, so find PlayStation Plus at your local game shop or convenience store. There's 3 styles: 3 months, 6 months or a year (12 months). Your games are still in the account, its onlya matter of renewing your "subscription." [I'm using quotes because that's what it is.]

Think of it like buying a magazine subscription.

It's not a scam. You have to renew the subscription. End of story.
That's not the problem. I did. But on my new account as sony told me to do. I have both accounts active but only one has ps plus. I don't see reason why should I pay for both? They are on the same console controled by the same person.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
That's not the problem. I did. But on my new account as sony told me to do. I have both accounts active but only one has ps plus. I don't see reason why should I pay for both? They are on the same console controled by the same person.
So, use PS Plus on the one you want to use. I think the person on the phone line was an idiot.

Sigh. Oh my God. that's why you said its a scam. But yeah, all you need is the old account. Just keep in mind you WILL lose access to the old games, because it's region locked to THAT country. That's what he should've said. Each PSN store is the same, but the game licenses are different for each region.

Each disc has a lock for that region, so even if you buy physical, you'll get the same issue.

MajkiMajk

I know now this now. That's why I have post this to warn others. Back to my case. I just paid for one subscription and I'm not going to pay for another one. Worse case scenario I'll have to wait a year till next renewal and get my old ps plus account back

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
I know now this now. That's why I have post this to warn others. Back to my case. I just paid for one subscription and I'm not going to pay for another one. Worse case scenario I'll have to wait a year till next renewal and get my old ps plus account back
Your account is still there. All you need is to know the email/password. You don't need to "get it back." All you need is to renew PS Plus for that account. Nothing more, nothing less. Just use the account where your current PS Plus subscription is activated. Let it expire, but use it, though. That's your money.

MajkiMajk

Your account is still there. All you need is to know the email/password. You don't need to "get it back." All you need is to renew PS Plus for that account. Nothing more, nothing less. Just use the account where your current PS Plus subscription is activated. Let it expire, but use it, though. That's your money.
Got it back a bit different way.. I've ask them for refund for ps+ from new account(you got 14days) and bought for old one.. At least there is a way of you make "mistake" like I did.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Got it back a bit different way.. I've ask them for refund for ps+ from new account(you got 14days) and bought for old one.. At least there is a way of you make "mistake" like I did.
Congratulations. Now, from this day on... use this account. When it expires, you have to renew it.

However, I do have a warning for you. Do not have this habit of "returns." Let me put it this way: If you use your credit card on PSN, and you put a chargeback on Sony - They will ban the account. Full stop. They have tolerance. So, keep your mistakes to a minimum.

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements