• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

ps 1 controller

kawaiips4fox

the ps1 controller the best, it feel comforable in hand easy play game. i use to love back in the day.

Last edited:

Derri

, , Darkness, ,
I liked the PS1 controller but the one with Analogue sticks. I didn't really like the feel of the one without.

Oberon

, , The Enforcer, ,
The first one? Without the analog sticks? Before the PS1 came out I remember seeing pics of the controller and though how gimmicky it looked but once I actually held one it felt pretty natural in hand.
However I defo think the DS4 is now the best so far.

Derri

, , Darkness, ,
psx-controller_zpseea7ef6d.gif

This was the controller I was talking about.

FosterTXT

I agree with you Derri, I also preferred the PlayStation control with the analogue sticks. It was one of the first controllers to ever have to joysticks for full control of your character. I also just like how the controller sits perfectly in your hand, it is not too big or to small.

jbeavis100

The Dual Shock 1 is hands down the best controller ever created. I have yet to find a controller then is better then the PS controller style..

insertkittyface

I agree with you. I had a Playstation before there were even analog sticks, and that one will always be one of my favorites just because it was the first, to me at least.

Haymansafc

I actually have to agree. Out of the three Playstations I've had, the original controller for me at least, was the best. It was very simple to use and logistically spot on for me.

Still to this day, the analogue sticks (Dualshock – whatever you want to call them… I still call them analogue sticks) don't feel entirely natural to me after all these years. It's a much better set up when it comes to driving/racing games for sure, but when it comes to shooters (FPS or Third Person), I always find them either too sensitive or not enough. I just don't have that precise level of accuracy in my fingers and thumbs for them. I've grown used to them over the years and it's become near enough second nature but I will admit that some games used the simpler 'up, down, left, right' set up.

I'm looking forward to the day I can finally hold a PS4 controller from what I hear about them.

Oberon

, , The Enforcer, ,
...when it comes to shooters (FPS or Third Person), I always find them either too sensitive or not enough...
You can change sensitivity settings in game to better suit your liking. (Im guessing you know this ofcoiurse)That should go some way in helping you.

... but I will admit that some games used the simpler 'up, down, left, right' set up...
When I first switched to the analog sticks on PS1 it took me a while to adjust as I was all over the screen..lol
But a while back I was playing MoH Frontline classic or the first MoH,not sure which one now it was on PS3 (it came as downloadable with MoH) and their was a trophy you get where you needed to play one level (any level) in 'classic control' mode. Meaning using the d-pad for movement etc.. I did it but man,I struggled the whole way through that level..lol

So now we all know the d-pad is way to restrictive for movement.The analog sticks are just perfect for movement. As I said though,you can always turn you senstivity up or down to make it easier for you.

Derri

, , Darkness, ,
@Oberon

A lot of the classic Crash Bandicoot games, you could only use the D pad and omg, that I failed epically, I did so well with those games when I was young but being forced back to the D pad days was just awful.

gamerteabwoi

I agree. I think that the best controllers that had ever come out at the time had to be the playstation controllers. They were the best controllers that I had ever used to play a video game unlike the gamecube controller somehow for me I found that the controller was really confusing and nothing could beat the PS1 controller.

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements