• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Posting requirement to post links & have a signature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frantic

, , Founder, ,
Due to forums spam and others abusing the system, their is a posting requirement of 30 post to able to add a signature to your profile or post links in threads. This has been our most effective method to avoid forum spam. Once you get past 30 post the system will update your user permissions during its hourly maintenance.

ozadin

Alright, that's good.
This forum seems pretty dead as well, hopefully new members will be joining in.

Frantic

, , Founder, ,
Well we just relaunched it 48 hours ago after being a year offline, spam was a big reason for it. Just going to have to restart the community.

Thunder

Ok here is what I was looking for way at the bottom of the list, need 30 post for a signature, need to bump this up.
I think this forum may get new people like myself since the PS4 launch is days away and I wasted 40 minutes trying to find out where the sig edit was to no avail.

Haze

Ok here is what I was looking for way at the bottom of the list, need 30 post for a signature, need to bump this up.
I think this forum may get new people like myself since the PS4 launch is days away and I wasted 40 minutes trying to find out where the sig edit was to no avail.

Valid point. So I've stickied this thread :)

JoanMcWench

Banned
Also glad this got stickied. Though I have to say you won in ways of dedication. I only spent about five minutes trying to figure it out. I am just going to assume your signature is epic.

ToxicPhreak

Ok, so I am allowed to post here, but I can not reply to anyone's thread that is NOT in this section until I post 30 times.... info would be nice on this little "rule"

Oberon

, , The Enforcer, ,
What? No.You can post anywhere,but you need 30 posts before you can add a signature to your profile and active links in your posts.

I think 30 is way too high considering how few new threads/posts are made every day, it could also put potential or new members off joining or using the forum once they find out, spam is a nuisance but if the number was reduced to 5 how many spammers would bother to post just to spam a link on post number 6?

TheLastOfIsh

I think 30 is way too high considering how few new threads/posts are made every day, it could also put potential or new members off joining or using the forum once they find out, spam is a nuisance but if the number was reduced to 5 how many spammers would bother to post just to spam a link on post number 6?

I think some would. 5 is an easy number to get to. Only really 4 once you have done the introducing yourself post as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements