• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Pokemon fighting game?

deathbyprayer

Pokken? I'm not sure but that title sounds, well, ridiculous. Well I'm kind of imagining Pokemon's fighting by you actually making them fight but as for a Tekken type of format well, I'm not so sure about that. Maybe they're polishing it.

Ridge

I can't read Japanese, and aill admit I skimmed through the trailor. Was a Pokemon fighting game shown or are we just speculating based on the screen of Lucario and Blaziken?

Ciel

See-Elle
I can't read Japanese, and aill admit I skimmed through the trailor. Was a Pokemon fighting game shown or are we just speculating based on the screen of Lucario and Blaziken?
At about 1:40-ish there is what appears to be some brawling going on in the background. But to kind of further confirm, or rather increase speculation, Nintendo did register a trademark for both Pokken Tournament and Pokken Fighters.

Ridge

At about 1:40-ish there is what appears to be some brawling going on in the background. But to kind of further confirm, or rather increase speculation, Nintendo did register a trademark for both Pokken Tournament and Pokken Fighters.
Alrighty I see it now..

I'm sure it'll be a technically fine game. But it won't have any of the things I like about my Pokemon games, so I'm probably going to have to pass.

Ciel

See-Elle
Well I mean I suspect it to have skill usage and so forth, just not the RPG elements--exploring a world, capturing, and leveling up. Unless it does, which could easily be done... yeah that would be pretty awesome.

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!