• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Playstation VR price and release date announced and some details

Not exactly Playstation VR, but my Oculus rift finally shipped and I should have it on Monday. Soon I will finally be able to back up my claims for VR.... or explain how I was right even when I was wrong about VR :p

Looking forward to finally trying VR, my 30 year wait is almost over!

Alex_68

Not exactly Playstation VR, but my Oculus rift finally shipped and I should have it on Monday. Soon I will finally be able to back up my claims for VR.... or explain how I was right even when I was wrong about VR :p

Looking forward to finally trying VR, my 30 year wait is almost over!
Wonderings please, keep your impressions updated here because I am very curious. :Onya

Wonderings please, keep your impressions updated here because I am very curious. :Onya
It is out for delivery today so should have it before lunch. Will set it up after work, already updated my drivers on my PC for the Rift so unless there is something should be up and running pretty quickly I hope.

I got my code for EVE: Valkyrie, and am looking forward to some space dog fighting, this looked amazing in the trailers and hopefully lives up to the hype

So got it setup yesterday, was dead simple and had no issues. I do need to make some adjustments to the sensor though and change my home office around to give me some more space, I think I am to close. IN EVE Valkyrie my head was almost sticking out of the cockpit. Some of the content is pretty impressive and jaw dropping, cannot really explain it, but you do feel like you are there. I downloaded some small little experience apps that have me in various places around the world. As an example, I am standing in a jail sell in Alcatraz. The graphics were stunning and very realistic and it is super immersive when you can walk around (in my case a few steps need to make some room). So far I am really impressed, but a downside is content at the moment. There is stuff out there, but a lot of the high quality stuff is pricey and no real demos of anything. I knew this going in though, it is a new technology for the masses. One thing it is missing, and this is something HTC Vive has over the Oculus is touch controls. You lose some of the incredible feeling of being in a game when you cannot reach out and interact in a more fluid manner. Hopefully the touch controls come as VR really is just not meant for a standard xbox controllers or keyboard.

Live video is not that great, animated stuff looks fantastic, but VR video not so much. I am not sure if this is a software thing or a hardware thing that will get better with new models in the future, but I really do not like watching any sort of live video in VR. When used to crisp clean HD video, going to somewhat blurry video is just not enjoyable, even when in VR.

VR definitely tricks your body, I downloaded a short little roller coaster game and was amazed how my stomach turned when "riding" it. I am excited to see what people do with VR in the future and to watch it grow and expand and find its own way. It is definitely not a replacement for console/PC gaming, this is a new market. I am also glad that the Rift is not locked down to the oculus store, which has very little content on it. I can download games from steam or right off the web.

Alex_68

How can you pilot your starship? With a joystick?
If you need to grab something from the environment, how can you make it?

How can you pilot your starship? With a joystick?
If you need to grab something from the environment, how can you make it?
Well grabbing things in an environment is what you need a touch controller for. HTV Vive has them already, Oculus will be coming out later this year. The controllers have trackers in them and you get another sensor for detecting them

For right now, all I am using is the xbox one controller that came with the Oculus Rift. So basic memory on where the buttons are is how you do it and you steer using the 2 joy sticks on the xbox controller.

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!