• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PlayStation Vita Pets announced! Coming 2014

Haze

9516213882_f8ab65f657.jpg

If you were a fan of Nintendogs, then get ready because today Spiral House and Sony have announced "PlayStation Vita Pets", a pet sim coming exclusively for, you guessed it, the PlayStation Vita coming in 2014! Check out the announcement trailer below:

Here is what Spiral House's Creative Director Kevin Oxland had to say about the game on the Playstation Blog website:

“In the game you pick from four different puppies, each with their own personality, sense of humour and character traits. Together you and your new friend will be able to do all the things you would do with a real dog or in any other pet sim but in PlayStation Vita Pets we allow you to go further,” said Oxland. “Once you’ve gotten to know each other and learned the skills needed to venture outside the safety of your home you’ll be able to embark (no pun intended) on the adventure of Castlewood Island!”

Source: Introducing PlayStation Vita Pets, coming in 2014 ? PlayStation.Blog.Europe

So there you have it, the PS Vita will be getting a pet simulation game. What are your thoughts? Will you be picking this one up? Or will you opt out and buy a real puppy instead?

Pandsu

Looks pretty good for kids I suppose.
I mean the talking part IS weird but on the other hand, what other way is there really to set yourself apart from the other games like this? So this is at least an interesting experiment.

The Unlosing Ranger

Mighty Strike-Out Slugger
Looks pretty good for kids I suppose.
I mean the talking part IS weird but on the other hand, what other way is there really to set yourself apart from the other games like this? So this is at least an interesting experiment.

I was watching TV today and I passed by Disney Channel and they had some movie which featured a lot of talking dogs, so I'm wondering if they are doing it because maybe kids like talking animals. I mean, I think one dog says something like "for a human, you're pretty awesome!" in the trailer? Kids would love that crap!

brad

This sounds pretty awesome at the max really i remember nintendogs on ds which i used to play tons and this kinda reminds me of it although i don't have a vita i would still recommend it, btw is this on any other consoles or portables?

Pandsu

I was watching TV today and I passed by Disney Channel and they had some movie which featured a lot of talking dogs, so I'm wondering if they are doing it because maybe kids like talking animals. I mean, I think one dog says something like "for a human, you're pretty awesome!" in the trailer? Kids would love that crap!

lol yeah, definitely!
I mean... remember Babe? That movie probably wouldn't have been nearly as successful if the dialog was done through narration only instead of the animals actually talking.
And well, if written well, I can get behind some talking animals too. Just think of Pixar's Up! The dog in that movie was great because it was so well written. Or Missile in Ghost Trick on the DS. Now those aren't quite the same as this, but then again, they don't have to be. All depends on your target demographic and what your focus is with the product itself I guess.

BlackSolaris

Professional Escapologist
Seeing the title, i thought it would have cats, but looks like there ain't no felines on sight.
Still, when they started talking it really caught me off-guard. I wish there was a way to turn that off and just have a Nintendogs clone.
But hey, i would get this, it looks fun!

The Unlosing Ranger

Mighty Strike-Out Slugger
Seeing the title, i thought it would have cats, but looks like there ain't no felines on sight.
Still, when they started talking it really caught me off-guard. I wish there was a way to turn that off and just have a Nintendogs clone.
But hey, i would get this, it looks fun!

Lots of people seem to want the option to just have them barking naturally. I'm sure it will be included, at least if they're paying attention to people's comments. After all, it would just be an option. Allowing the user to choose their experience is the best they can do.

Anyway, there should definitely be cats and not just dogs. It makes sense! Hell, they could even use DLC to add more extravagant pets like, say, what if they added Sony's Japanese mascots, Toro and Kuro? Or mice? Or snakes? There's a lot of potential that I hope doesn't go to waste.

lindbergh

It's cool! I think people will love it especially kids and women. I'm a bit skeptical with the talking part also but hey, that's what they do in cartoons so I think that it would also be effective in this game. However, I do think that it would be better if the pups did not talk. It would have been better if they communicated with gestures only.

BerlingerTG

I do like the idea of Sony making a game like this. All in all, they need to appeal to more audiences. This game will help them market towards more family-oriented and young gamers. Hopefully, they can make more games like this to try to bring in more of those audiences.

While this game isn't quite what I am looking for in a Vita title, I'm happy to see they are looking into more audiences.

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements