• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PlayStation Now set for 2015 EU launch, report claims

KMJ_84

Sony's PlayStation Now game streaming service won't launch in Europe until the first quarter of 2015, a new report has claimed. Furthermore, it's said that PS Now will see a full US launch in the third quarter of 2014 (Sony has publicly targeted a broader 'summer' launch).

Eurogamer's Digital Foundry claims to have obtained a slide from an official PlayStation Now presentation, which indicates release plans for the cloud-based gaming service. According to the presentation materials, Japan and Korea will receive PS Now at the end of 2014, ahead of the service's European launch in Q1 2015.

Despite the image appearing to indicate a Q2 US launch, Digital Foundry's sources claim it won't rollout in North America until Q3 of this year.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/445854/playstation-now-set-for-2015-eu-launch-report-claims/

image_313936_full.jpg

Well that's not what I was expecting to read. I was hoping for this to be available by the back end of this year. :(

daimashin

I don't like the idea of cloud gaming. Eveything is stored online meaning I never truly own anything I buy. Even Sony said that we're only renting the games we play. If the publisher goes out of business, so will the games.

Obsidian

I don't like the idea of cloud gaming. Eveything is stored online meaning I never truly own anything I buy. Even Sony said that we're only renting the games we play. If the publisher goes out of business, so will the games.

This and people's connection speed/size of downloads are the two biggest issues about digital content. In the coming years I'm sure we will see a system, perhaps even legislation that addresses exactly who owns digital content.

Legendoflore

I feel like digital is pretty inevitable, the only major problem being the differences in connection speed across the borders. But yeah, it looks like Europe just keeps getting screwed when it comes to services. Anyway, cloud gaming isn't something that I'm looking forward to but I'm pretty much resigned to it.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P Fifa 22 Playstation Plus issue PlayStation 4 0
Nomad Do you want Valorant to be on PlayStation? Other Gaming Talk 0
Nomad How many games do you have on your Playstation 4? PlayStation 4 0
Nomad When did you buy PlayStation 4 PlayStation 4 0
DestroyRepeat PlayStation Network (PSN) Server Status PlayStation 4 0
DestroyRepeat PlayStation Network (PSN) Server Status PlayStation 5 0
DestroyRepeat Sony re-introduces PlayStation Plus with new tiers PlayStation 5 3
Sponge Halo coming to the PlayStation PlayStation 5 0
Nova Playstation Subscription vs XBOX Subscription PlayStation 5 0
Sponge Best PlayStation exclusive games? PlayStation Legacy 3
T PlayStation Plus games not showing PlayStation 5 0
DestroyRepeat PlayStation VR2 Announced PlayStation VR 0
K Is it PlayStation 5 buggy or a game? Need help! PlayStation 5 1
DestroyRepeat Sony announces new PlayStation 5 controllers PlayStation 5 Accessories & Peripherals 0
DestroyRepeat Explore how to stay in the game with friends on PlayStation 5 PlayStation 5 0
DestroyRepeat How to redeem codes on PlayStation 5 PlayStation 5 0
DestroyRepeat Explore how to use PlayStation 5's Challenges PlayStation 5 0
DestroyRepeat How Backwards Compatibility works on PlayStation 5 PlayStation 5 0
DestroyRepeat How to manage the Accessibility Settings on PlayStation 5 PlayStation 5 0
DestroyRepeat New PlayStation 5 update coming tomorrow on September 15, 2021 PlayStation 5 0
Meth Playstation 5 compability backwards games PlayStation 5 1
Carlos Sony hosts PlayStation Showcase Livestream on September 9, 2021 PlayStation 5 1
DestroyRepeat How to play locked games on PlayStation 5 PlayStation 5 0
DestroyRepeat How to manage PlayStation 5’s Parental Controls PlayStation 5 0
DestroyRepeat How to download and delete PS4 and PS5 games on PlayStation 5 PlayStation 5 0
DestroyRepeat How to reset your PSN password on PlayStation 5 PlayStation 5 0
K PlayStation 5 security slot? PlayStation 5 0
johnny0531 Playstation Media Remote Pair with Marantz Receiver PlayStation 5 Accessories & Peripherals 0
DestroyRepeat How to tweak recommended settings for PlayStation 5 PlayStation 5 0
DestroyRepeat How to use your old PSN account on PlayStation 5 PlayStation 5 0
Carlos Unboxings of PlayStation 5 are here PlayStation 5 0
Carlos First Look at the PlayStation 5 User Experience PlayStation 5 1
W What Happens To All The Disc-based Games I Have If I Buy A Digital PlayStation 5? PlayStation 5 6
Carlos An up-close and personal look at the PlayStation 5 console hardware PlayStation 5 1
N HELP - Playstation 5 and a Media Room Question. PlayStation 5 0
Carlos Sony announces PlayStation 5 Release Date, and Price PlayStation 5 0
Carlos PlayStation 5 Launch Event Livestream PlayStation 5 1
Carlos PlayStation 5 Launch Event scheduled for September 16th PlayStation 5 0
D PLAYSTATION 5 PRICE IN INDIA - WE FOUND IT WITH RIGHT REASONS PlayStation 5 0
Carlos Sony reveals PlayStation 5 Box Art styling PlayStation 5 6
M I would like playstation 5 able to stream live with camera PlayStation 5 3
Manveer A Man Playstation Home on PS5 PlayStation 5 6
Carlos 2nd PlayStation 5 Livestream PlayStation 5 1
Preach2k Playstation 5 PlayStation 5 1
Preach2k PLAYSTATION 5 ( PS5 ) - PS5 EVENT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED FOR THIS THURSDAY ! PlayStation 5 0
Carlos PlayStation 5 Games to be revealed on June 11th PlayStation 5 0
Carlos PlayStation 5 Games to be revealed on June 4th PlayStation 5 4
Preach2k CONCEPT Sony Playstation 5 introduction!! PlayStation 5 0
Carlos PlayStation 5 Controller Revealed PlayStation 5 2
Preach2k PLAYSTATION 5 Dev Kit Demo | PS5 Graphics | PS5 Home Screen Reveal | AMAZING! PlayStation 5 0