• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PlayStation Network vs Xbox Live?

Swag_Like_Nick

Hey guys I'm just curious what you think? What makes the PlayStation Network better? I play on both the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live, I think their are pros and cons on both sides.

I just want to hear your opinions, so leave a comment please.

russelfurd

I've lived and died by Xbox Live. When the PSN got hacked, I was pretty much done. Although PSN has made so many great improvements, I would suggest it over the Xbox Live option. Plus they were the first to allow free games.

Dmadman72

I Shall Finish The Game
When I started typing this my original statement was "Xbox live is a far superior from my experience". Then I got thinking. The only 2 games I have really had problems with are Uncharted 2 would kick me from time to time and DC online communication was such a disaster I permanently deleted it. Now the Xbox memories come back. Getting kicked from BF2 and BF3. Not being able to join BF1943 for hours on end. Getting dropped from parties for no reason. If you don't have live you cant watch netflix use internet explorer and all other apps are pretty much useless. IF the PS4 has a chat system equal to xbox live and a policing policy equal as well then not only will I be happy to pay for it but I think that the PSN will be the superior network

daemeonp

IMHO, if you paid to play the game, you shouldn't have to pay extra for an online network to play your game multiplayer. At $60 a game nowadays, you would think that price tag would cover all the features of the game. PSN > pay to play XBOX

mauricioq

I've lived and died by Xbox Live. When the PSN got hacked, I was pretty much done. Although PSN has made so many great improvements, I would suggest it over the Xbox Live option. Plus they were the first to allow free games.

Xbox was the one who first offered games, and the service it's much more stable than the PlayStation was.
But with the new PlayStation 4, I believe they'll be both equal, because of the new subscription done by Sony.

Dame6089

I am not experiences with either all that much. With that said, I believe it speaks for itself that Microsoft charges for their online service and people still flock to it. People will pay for great services even if free alternatives are available.

Gamer_Fries

I would have to say at the moment I prefer PSN simply because I really don't do a whole lot with anything online other than multiplayer. So with the choice to spend money I think PSN wins me over Live.

The Unlosing Ranger

Mighty Strike-Out Slugger
I honestly feel that Xbox Live is more stable and provides better connections...

However, Xbox Live is paid and a lot of stuff that is free everywhere else (like YouTube and NetFlix) is hidden behind it until you pay. I think the service itself might work, but the way Microsoft removes features from Silver players for Gold players is disgusting.

Now I guess the comparison should be Live vs PS+, too. In which PS+ totally destroys Live when it comes to being a good service, even if we do not know how they will improve connection stability and such for the PS4. Regardless, PS+ is worthwhile right now without it being required to play online, so I doubt that will change (I do think that Sony making it required for online play is **** move, BTW).

mevsthor

I really like Xbox live, it was my first experience with online play and I still think it's the best. The interface is clean and straightforward and everything I need is right there when I log on. However, I'm not too fond of the updates that don't seem to do much of anything.

hometownglory

I have tried both and to be honest, I have felt that the Xbox Live network to be superior, but I still swear by the PS3 because this is the console which all my friends use and love.

corporatenoun

To me it used to be about the money. Now that PS4 will require subscription for PSN, I'll be able to get a more objective feature-based outlook. For one thing, the user rating system in XB1 aims to weed out quitters and rude people. So that's a plus.

Strelok

They both have their pros and cons.

Overall, I do prefer Xbox Live, but not by much since they are kind of different. The interface is a lot better to use, the gamertag system and user rating is also good, and there are a few more functions to it, plus it's a lot more "useable" in the middle of a game.

Sony's biggest mistake with the PS3 was to not include a free headset. This completely ruined online play compared to Xbox, because everyone was constantly chatting and meeting new players on Live whilst everyone on PS3 was and is a lot more quieter. Live is a lot more social, overall, because it included a free headset.

The good thing about PSN is that it's free, and there is a lot less advertisement. It's more about the console and games, and less about trying to sell you stuff and shoving all this online content in your face like Microsoft do. I'm very disappointed that PS4's PSN will have a paid subscription now, and I have a feeling they'll go for an Xbox Live approach with more advertising and more content promoting.

SpaceTiger

During the previous generation I would've said PSN between the two hands down. Just for the minimum things of playing online and using a browser (YouTube could be included, but I rarely used YT) I could just use it if I had an internet connection. I don't ask for much. I already have wireless, I bought the games, and console let me play them online if I want.

I have a 360 as well (got it at a price I couldn't pass up, was curious about it's origin, though) and Xbox Live came off like--you bought and moved the fridge into the house, paid for power, and put the food in there, but when you want a snack, the Maytag guy is standing there offering you access to the fridge for a fee.

sidd230

Its important to note that the future of PSN is pretty radically different from what we currently have on PS3. The infrastructure is likely to be faster, more reliable, and all around better considering we're now asked to pay a subscription to use (most) of it. Second, there's a headset in every box, something that wasn't available in the PS3 era.

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements