• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PlayStation 5 audio priority settings

Bauhaus71

Hello guys,

one question about the audio priority settings on playstation 5.
If I choose Dolby or DTS it provides DTS / Dolby HD audio or normal DTS / Dolby lossy audio?

Thanks in advance for your support

Kind Regards
Max

DCLong57

Pretty much every PS game is only 5.1 DD, very few are DTS 5.1 but where it does matter is if you're playing bluray discs. Movies are now DD Atmos... DTS-X but there are virtually no games on PS in Atmos. The X-Box One, X and S have games in Atmos. If you're more concerned about movie soundtracks, the PS5 from what I've heard does not output Atmos or DTS-X via eArc so if your BluRays are your main concern and not Atmos or DTS-X, select DTS. Both should play from BluRay.

Bauhaus71

Pretty much every PS game is only 5.1 DD, very few are DTS 5.1 but where it does matter is if you're playing bluray discs. Movies are now DD Atmos... DTS-X but there are virtually no games on PS in Atmos. The X-Box One, X and S have games in Atmos. If you're more concerned about movie soundtracks, the PS5 from what I've heard does not output Atmos or DTS-X via eArc so if your BluRays are your main concern and not Atmos or DTS-X, select DTS. Both should play from BluRay.
Thanks a lot DCLong57.
So we do not have ant PS game in DTS HD Master audio or dolby true HD?

Regards / Max

DCLong57

None I've seen yet - mind you I don't get every game but they don't even list the audio format on the back of the shell any more. Sony is weird this way... they produce movies in Atmos, 4K Bluray in Atmos as well as DD THD and DTS HD, you'd think they'd get their poop together on games since Microsoft has done it with the X-Box One, X, S. Maybe they don't think anyone uses anything more then stereo headphones when gaming but we obviously do!

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements