• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PlayStation 4 software update 2.51 has been released

Oberon

, , The Enforcer, ,
PS4 update v2.51 should now be available in the U.S and Europe.
Approx download size is 245MB

Official patchnotes are:

-System software stability during use of some features has been improved.
-Operation quality during use of some applications has been improved.

So it appears to be a minor update.

Anyone notice anything new or different?

Derri

, , Darkness, ,
The bug where you'd constantly be notified of rest mode on each start up that was acknowledged by Sony back in March hasn't been fixed so.....I think its mostly a stability improvement.

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member
The bug where you'd constantly be notified of rest mode on each start up that was acknowledged by Sony back in March hasn't been fixed so.....I think its mostly a stability improvement.

Which one is this? A lot of times my PS4 says I didn't shut down properly when coming out of rest mode. That what you mean?

Derri

, , Darkness, ,
Which one is this? A lot of times my PS4 says I didn't shut down properly when coming out of rest mode. That what you mean?

No,

That's normal.

Its the one upon starting up the PS4 normally after you entered it into rest mode or you turn it on after it being shut down. It tells you about the rest mode options. Its something that only appeared after the last major update.

schoat333

One thing I noticed is you now have the option to save a screen shot or video when you press the share button. Not sure when that was added tho since I don't use that very often.

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements