• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Playing a game on two PS5 consoles…

SpeedyMoon69

I’ve read about console sharing but I’m not sure that is what I would need to set up. Here’s the situation. I live in two different places depending on work. PS5 at “main” house, could get a second console for other place if it would work to do what I want. I’d love to be able to play games on my main PS5, pickup where I left off on the secondary console at my other residence. Then back home again continuing one game. Do I need to just sign in on each console and it will work to keep game progressing no matter where I am? Or use an external drive? Don’t want to be physically transporting a PS5…

earwigaus

I’ve read about console sharing but I’m not sure that is what I would need to set up. Here’s the situation. I live in two different places depending on work. PS5 at “main” house, could get a second console for other place if it would work to do what I want. I’d love to be able to play games on my main PS5, pickup where I left off on the secondary console at my other residence. Then back home again continuing one game. Do I need to just sign in on each console and it will work to keep game progressing no matter where I am? Or use an external drive? Don’t want to be physically transporting a PS5…
My son is in the same situation, did you get any idea?

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Yup. You need to sign in on each console. In a better scenario, you'll need to create a new account for the second one.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J Should I just keep playing gun game? PlayStation 4 0
R Playing a downloaded game before launch? PlayStation 4 9
SleepingBeauty_35 What is the oldest game you could remember playing? Other Gaming Talk 15
Derri What PS4 Game Are You Currently Playing? PlayStation 4 188
Mikey Paine What PS3 game have you spent the most time playing? PlayStation 3 25
pxyc What PC game have you spent the most time playing? PC Games 48
Jaymun Is Oblivion Game of the Year edition worth playing on PS3? PlayStation 3 8
asianboi2252 What PSP game you're still playing? PlayStation Legacy 1
Joker99352 Have you ever bought a game and then gotten rid of it before playing? PlayStation Legacy 4
Haze What PS3 game are you currently playing? PlayStation 3 161
D Playing PS4 Games on Ps5. How do I play Watchdogs PS5 version on my PS5? I have the PS4 version? PlayStation 5 1
W Problems with gamer keyboard when playing Warzone on ps5 PlayStation 5 Accessories & Peripherals 1
A 7 Essentials to Know Before Playing PES PlayStation 4 1
D Playing Street Fighter V PlayStation 4 2
I Chronological Creativity & Concept Playing: Morrowind & DLC PlayStation 4 2
O Playing on 3 monitors PlayStation 4 3
I Has anyone dealt with the low-scale AA while playing games? PlayStation 4 0
G transfer downloaded games to other PSN/user account for offline playing help PlayStation 4 4
M What are the benefits of playing Journey? Please help this survey! PlayStation 4 0
Derri Anyone Playing This? PlayStation 4 4
W anyone playing PlayStation 4 5
T Just started playing and messed up my alchemy certification and need help Introduce Yourself 1
1 No one playing COD:Advanced Warfare Online Multiplayer PlayStation 4 4
A Anyone tried playing online? PlayStation 4 0
C [EVERYTHING] Clan for all major games requiring a team and smart playing PS Clans & Communities 2
B Playing Online PlayStation 4 4
J Recording and playing together PlayStation YouTube Videos 2
Smoggie12252013 GTA V online still playing up PlayStation 4 0
Smoggie12252013 GTA V online servers are playing up PlayStation 4 1
drunkchiksrEZ How to play my own music from USB stick while playing games PlayStation 4 4
Smoggie12252013 PS4's broadcast gameplay is playing up PlayStation 4 0
E Alien Isolation Full Crew Expendable Mission On Hard Playing As Ellen Ripley!!! PlayStation YouTube Videos 2
A PS4 : Music while playing help PlayStation 4 3
Moberg FIFA15 offline playing with friends PlayStation 4 1
SS42A Has anyone ever scored a perfect 3-diamonds whle playing the slots in Bejeweled Bitz? Other Gaming Talk 0
deathbyprayer When playing games that are old but not really Other Gaming Talk 10
W Are you still playing Battlefield 4? PlayStation 4 8
deathbyprayer Games you hate playing but for some reason you still play it. Other Gaming Talk 9
Lucky120 Is FIFA 14 worth playing? PlayStation 4 3
WackoDaSniper Currently Playing Feedback & Suggestions 5
Oberon Playing now PlayStation 4 4
Ridge What Are You Currently Playing? (PC/Xbox/Wii) Other Gaming Talk 10
Strykstar What are you currently playing on iOS? Other Gaming Talk 3
R Anyone playing PlayStation 4 4
lindbergh Did you enjoy playing Onimusha? PlayStation Legacy 12
F Do I have to have psn plus for playing free to play games? PlayStation 4 2
J Buying PS4 in North America and playing it in Asia region PlayStation 4 2
O Anyone playing? PlayStation 4 12
S Will it be okay to just dive in without playing previous games? PlayStation 4 4
KMJ_84 Playing Call of Duty with the Gamertag 'Xbox Sign Out' Xbox 0