• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Persona 4 Dancing All-Night coming to Vita, from Project Diva developer

The Unlosing Ranger

Mighty Strike-Out Slugger
[video=youtube;M5BIRWiifo8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=M5BIRWiifo8​
[/video]
Persona 4: Dancing All Night, announced today for the PlayStation Vita, is a rhythm game with a story that takes place after Persona 4.

The game is being developed in collaboration with Dingo, the developers of the Hatsune Miku: Project Diva rhythm games on the PSP, and you can watch a trailer for it above.

Persona 4: Dancing All Night is slated for release in Japan in fall 2014.

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2013/11/2...-persona-4-dancing-night/#WTM3z4hY81WOx1FF.99

jbeavis100

Not really surprising after they got bought by SEGA after all. It'll play great but I'm really not sure this is what they should do for persona..

The Unlosing Ranger

This one was announced a bit before they got bought out by SEGA, actually. Or at least before it became public...

Still, I think it's a fantastic spin-off because Persona fans love its music, but I'm not sure I like that the story is supposedly canon.

Annabell

Not really surprising after they got bought by SEGA after all. It'll play great but I'm really not sure this is what they should do for persona..

Bah, it's just a nice little spin off. It'll be a nice little diversion from the main games from now. Remember, Persona is just a spin off of the SMT games in the first place.

jbeavis100

Bah, it's just a nice little spin off. It'll be a nice little diversion from the main games from now. Remember, Persona is just a spin off of the SMT games in the first place.

A spinoff of a spinoff? We may be going too deep.

and I didn't know that it was announced before the SEGA buyout..

Ridge

This shouldn't exist..

That being said, I can't wait. I'm downloading this day 1 if not sooner.

Ciel

See-Elle
I've never seen longer game names or more ; in any other series.

Street Fighter. So much so that Persona 4 Arena: The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold was a pun on it until they just changed it down to Ultimax.

Ridge

Street Fighter. So much so that Persona 4 Arena: The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold was a pun on it until they just changed it down to Ultimax.

Damn, you might be right about Street Fighter. I don't want to go count words right now though. Does that Dead Rising DLC count?

The Unlosing Ranger

I think it's still Persona 4 Arena: The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold in Japan, but only Ultimax in the west.

The best part is how the Japanese narrator pronounces it, though! Ultimaxu Suplexu Holdo!

Annabell

I think it's still Persona 4 Arena: The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold in Japan, but only Ultimax in the west.

The best part is how the Japanese narrator pronounces it, though! Ultimaxu Suplexu Holdo!

Some might call it racist, but I'll never get tired of the way Japanese narrators over-emphasis English words like that.

The Unlosing Ranger

Some might call it racist, but I'll never get tired of the way Japanese narrators over-emphasis English words like that.

I know! It's pretty funny and it's because of how the Japanese language works, I guess. The Persona 4 Dancing All-Night trailer was killer because of it, everyone hopes they keep that Japanese narrator in the western versions.

Ofnir

I do too, its my favorite part about watching a lot of older anime, like Gaogaigar. Its really fun and I hope people don't get super sensitive about it like they do everything.

Annabell

I know! It's pretty funny and it's because of how the Japanese language works, I guess. The Persona 4 Dancing All-Night trailer was killer because of it, everyone hopes they keep that Japanese narrator in the western versions.
They'd better keep the Japanese narrators. It'll take away from the overall game experience if they switch it to a regular narrator, who is just announcing it in their native language

CeliVega

I am just hoping this is the last Persona 4 spin off, ya know?
First we got Persona 4, it's a great game.
Then we got Persona 4 Golden, and then Persona 4 Arena, then the sequel to Arena, and Persona Q, and then this dancing rhythm game......
Some are actually crossover game with Persona 3 characters, but eh, you get the point.

Well, I guess it's reasonable that they will milk it for what it is worth, but I am worried people will get tired of the same cast members!
But still, looks fun!