• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PC media server list not updating on PS3

TheColdOne

I have my Windows 7 PC sharing videos with my PS3 and I am able to view SOME videos on their, but for some reason the most recent folders (and videos) I have put into my video folder are not showing up when I search on my PS3. Videos from a couple months ago and earlier are on their and I can watch them just fine, but all filesand folders since then just do not appear in the list. I have tried re-searching for media servers to see if that could find the new folders, but the same list just sits there.

TheColdOne

File type would have nothing to do with the fact that I can't even see the folders that the video files are located within.

And it turns out that I needed to block, then re-allow the PS3 through the network and sharing center, as well as re-share the entire My Videos folder (right-click and choose to share). I assumed Windows would update new files in shared folders automatically, but I guess not. Even though other Windows 7 PCs that I share with can see those files, the PS3 viewing it as a media server is another issue (apparently).

royaaa

File type would have nothing to do with the fact that I can't even see the folders that the Video Game Accessoire files are located within.

And it turns out that I needed to block, then re-allow the ps3 controls through the network and sharing center, as well as re-share the entire My Videos folder (right-click and choose to share). I assumed Windows would update new files in shared folders automatically, but I guess not. Even though other Windows 7 PCs that I share with can see those files, the ps3 controller_c765.html]ps3 controls[/url] viewing it as a media server is another issue (apparently).
No matter which way you slice it, the Wii was an absolute home run for Nintendo. The system brought a new section of the population into the gamer fold and its now familiar motion controls created quite a stir amongst the video game community. So with its successor poised for a release later this year, you'd think anticipation would be at a fever pitch â?? but it isn't.

Last edited:
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
R PS4 as media computer/server PlayStation 4 3
M Media player/VLC ps5 PlayStation 5 0
johnny0531 Playstation Media Remote Pair with Marantz Receiver PlayStation 5 Accessories & Peripherals 0
N HELP - Playstation 5 and a Media Room Question. PlayStation 5 0
Carlos PS5Forum on Social Media Annoucements & Site News 1
P media player PlayStation 4 0
G Media player download and account question PlayStation 4 0
Titan Finally the media remote is coming out PlayStation 4 5
S Media Player PlayStation 4 1
Oberon PS4 Media Player App NOW AVAILABLE! Play vids,pics,music now on PS4! PlayStation 4 8
ajally123 Media Molecule Tease PlayStation 4 0
Titan I need a new media player for my computer Off Topic Lounge 9
AB9100 PS4 does not support media playback! PlayStation 4 9
R Firmware to allow media streaming like the PS3 has PlayStation 4 7
D Virgin Media: UK can't handle Broadband needs of Xbox One or PS4 PlayStation 4 6
Oberon New Info on the PS4′s Noise Level, Power Consumption, Media Performance & More PlayStation 4 13
A HELP! with media sharing, connecting PS3 to computer WIRELESSLY PlayStation 3 1
D Connection to server lost, returning to main menu. PlayStation 4 0
R ig Survival Server!! 18+ . 24/7 . Mic manditory. PS Clans & Communities 0
S minecraft 24/7 server PS Clans & Communities 1
B Need Builders for Minecraft server PlayStation 4 0
N Njodr's Nevermore Server! PlayStation 4 0
S Server issues. Just me, or everyone? PlayStation 4 1
J Setting up server tomorrow PlayStation 4 1
iamthenight90 Heeelppp. No server connection PlayStation 4 3
W Server size is plain stupid PlayStation 4 3
K Server down?? PlayStation 4 7
Oberon Driveclub Apologizes for Server Issues With Free DLC PlayStation 4 2
Oberon Free Driveclub Delayed on PS Plus as Server Problems Continue PlayStation 4 11
C cannot connect to server (NW-31201-7) PlayStation 4 5
GTK1634 One Mega Server PlayStation 4 7
trueblue Cannot connect to the Server (NW-31201-7) PlayStation 4 8
jstep7262 Error NW-31484-0 : DNS Server not Specified PlayStation 4 0
GetSome Dice just released a server side upgrade that may fix some of the crash problems. PlayStation 3 0
J Problems logging into server 9/3/13 PlayStation Vita 7
Haze Server shut downs for MAG, SOCOM CONFRONTATION and SOCOM 4 PlayStation 3 3
I Friends list not loading ?? PlayStation 5 1
Carlos Full List of PlayStation Classic games announced! PlayStation Legacy 1
V Friend list and invite to game question PlayStation 4 1
H Still having slow loading friends list (help) PlayStation 4 7
Cpt Blackadder Your completed games list 2015 PlayStation 4 4
Dmadman72 Whats on your Christmas list? PlayStation 4 4
L Transfer List size Increase PlayStation 4 0
Oberon List of PS4 games blocked from Shareplay (14 currently) PlayStation 4 3
Derri What is your gaming 'To Do' list? Other Gaming Talk 22
Sekelani List the games you have and completed PlayStation 4 23
Oberon The Last of Us Remastered: Full list of PS4 improvements revealed PlayStation 4 4
gamerteabwoi List Of Upcoming PS4 Games PlayStation 4 1
Haze List of Free-to-play PS4 Games PlayStation 4 9
CpmPanda Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes Achievement & Trophy List PlayStation 4 0