• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

One Mega Server

GTK1634

I've heard good and bad things about this game, but I'm still getting it. What I'm most concerned about is, are enough people going to play it? I mean, since players play on 1 of 2 mega servers it should be crowded enough, right?

KMJ_84

If the price is right there will be enough players.

As for one or two 'mega servers' that will just put me off it completely. There has to be a cap on the number of players in each server. It will just become utter chaos if there are 100+ players on one server at a time. God, can you imagine the lag!?

GTK1634

If the price is right there will be enough players.

As for one or two 'mega servers' that will just put me off it completely. There has to be a cap on the number of players in each server. It will just become utter chaos if there are 100+ players on one server at a time. God, can you imagine the lag!?

Yea 100+ players one server would kinda jack things up. I'm sure the game will start off with well over that amount of players. I've saw this one video review this one guy did on youtube, but he was playing on PC. He had to turn the graphics way down, just so it wouldn't lag. I hope this isn't case...I wonder if they would ever fix this problem, if it does happen.

GTK1634

I just found this on eso's website

"It is not one server. No, it is group of servers with modern hardware that work together. ZeniMax does not tell details about how Mega Server works. It is their secret and we will be able to see everything with our own eyes. Developers say that MegaServer uses all modern server technologies and innovations."

Makes me feel a little better...still kinda confused though...

KMJ_84

"It is not one server. No, it is group of servers with modern hardware that work together.

Well that clears that one up.

What I want to do in ESO is to just explore with a group of friends, and not worry too much about some Level 100 player coming along with some crazy magika spell, killing us all, looting all of our bodies, and making us start from scratch.

That's all I want :eek:

GTK1634

Well that clears that one up.

What I want to do in ESO is to just explore with a group of friends, and not worry too much about some Level 100 player coming along with some crazy magika spell, killing us all, looting all of our bodies, and making us start from scratch.

That's all I want :eek:

If they do, I'd say there will a specific zone where they can. Otherwise it would be really hard to keep up.

andyred

There are 2 Megaservers - North America and Europe.

The MegaServers are basically hundreds of normal server's combined, but each server isn't stuck to serve/process one area within the game world. So if one place reaches so many players in that area then the MegaServer will automatically activate one of the dormant servers to share the load within that environment area, either splitting the players in that area between the servers or just moving any new people who enter that area onto the less crowded server.
It's clever though and learns information about each player. It know's who's in your Guild, who's on your friends list and who you've grouped with before in a certain timeframe and will place you in the same server 'instance' as all of those people so you will always be around your friends etc.

There's a more detailed article here if you still need more info about it - Elder Scrolls Online Megaserver

xLouis325

If your interested in joining a clan for ESO PS4 US go to my website a check it out at unitedregion.weebly.com

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements