• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Official I Got My PlayStation 4 - Owner Impressions Thread!

Ciel

See-Elle
Ahhh all the hype in this thread! I can't wait till I get mine <3 I suppose the main gripe with everyone is the lack of exclusive titles? I suppose it's a vaild point but I am sure within the year there will be the best line up of games that will wreck Microsoft just like they did in the late PS3 era. Hopefully the UI is easy on the eye as the PS3 one I personally thought was horrible and load times were too long!

Agreed. The gripe is odd considering Sony's track record with exclusives. Gamers are an entitled bunch. Sheesh.

f_dog80

traded in my PS3's and tote of games in on a PS4, upgraded the HDD right away (2TB) and got a handful of games to get me started, no regrets thus far, I think it was a good move, plenty of great titles for the PS3 but I don't think i'll miss it.

Lucky120

I love my console and we got ours a few months back. We are happy with the console and we love the games. I am happy with the console and I like it. There are some things that I hope they add like the USB thing and stuiff like that, but all in all it is a great console and I love it. I hope that you like your console too. Love the robot games haha. :)

Sekelani

traded in my PS3's and tote of games in on a PS4, upgraded the HDD right away (2TB) and got a handful of games to get me started, no regrets thus far, I think it was a good move, plenty of great titles for the PS3 but I don't think i'll miss it.

I didn't know you could upgrade the hhd. Cool beans.

f_dog80

I didn't know you could upgrade the hhd. Cool beans.

how-replace-your-ps4-hard-drive

Yes I figured I'd do it sooner then later. Backing up a full 500gb hdd would be a pain compared to a fresh system.
Was very simple to do. If you've upgraded a ps3 before this will be a cake walk.
If you go 2TB look up the hdd to confirm it will work in the ps4

Heyshiloh

I'm a little late, but when I got mine I absolutely adored it (I got it upon release in December). It's very functional, and I know I'm a PS lover but I feel like design keeps getting better and better. I don't feel like all gaming systems really have that kind of achievement - maybe slightly better or around the same with each update, but never really like the PS4 jump. I noticed that the controller is a little more sensitive (or feels like it to my hands) in terms of the joysticks, and that's a plus - definitely not like the Xbox controllers. The only downside I've really experience is the minor bugs and glitches with AC: Black Flag in connection, but I know those will totally work out with some time - so no big. Overall I'm really happy with the upgrade, and looking forward to the games I'll be able to play!

Henry

I think consoles in general have really complicated the gaming experience with all this signing and login stuff. I remember when you just had to pop in a CD or a cartridge and that's all you had to do to start playing. I like my things simple- no apps or stuff like that.

pleirosei

That's true. However, I think they have done as much as possible to make it similar to PC gaming. These kinds of features have had huge advantages in PC gaming for years; it is not surprising that the consoles have followed this trend.

apollo_242

I think consoles in general have really complicated the gaming experience with all this signing and login stuff. I remember when you just had to pop in a CD or a cartridge and that's all you had to do to start playing. I like my things simple- no apps or stuff like that.

I like having to sign in and your games get tracked. Being able to see your friends online gaming activity and comparing it to your own is one of my favorite aspects of gaming. I love seeing that I have more trophies in a certain game than one of my friends playing the very same game.

IraqCombatVet

Got mine day one. Actually a day before the release date. Got lucky with Amazon. Love my PS4. Now that it is almost a year old, I'm still a happy owner.

Haze

Very excited. I'll be grabbing a PS4 tomorrow! :) (I did the stupid regretful mistake of selling my first one)

Oberon

, , The Enforcer, ,
Hang on,I merely pointed out some things and didnt 'make' you get one again,you obviously know its the right decision as you now have had both consoles and went back to the better one :grin :Onya

Haze

Hang on,I merely pointed out some things and didnt 'make' you get one again,you obviously know its the right decision as you now have had both consoles and went back to the better one :grin :Onya

When I said "convinced", what I mean is you helped me convince myself to get one again ;)

drunkchiksrEZ

Anyone on here got the white PS4? Hows it look? Better than the black one or what? Im trying to figure out a way to get my hands on one without buying a another PS4 lol.

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements