• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Not Impressed

dragoonblade

No. It's a great representative of what the PS4 can do. It shows off the kind of graphics that the PS4 can push out but other than that it was average at best. I didn't hate it but I didn't love it. Honestly once I got past of amazing it looked, I moved on pretty quickly to the gameplay. It's not bad but it's very launch title.

Tron

As the new is wearing off I feel the same way. I haven't seen anything game wise that is different than the PS3 with the exception of the control which is great. So I guess what it seems we have in the PS4 upgrade is a game controller which I believe you can use on the PS3, so if your want the new console experience just upgrade your controller on your PS3.

TheDarkDefender

It was fun and new but nothing innovating. Nothing that made me go YES THE WAIT WAS WORTH IT OMFG. I want that reaction to a game and we'll get there someday within the next 8 months.

BBGold

Dude, I see nothing but good on this game. I did play it with my neighbor, I had to make a new friend haha just to play ps4. He has ghosts too which isn't too...much of an improvement. The cool thing though is the story isn't as mediocre as the last one. Game play feels new but similar to killzone 3. I didn't get to finish the game, I only watched him play an hour and I played for about 20 min.

Game Branded

Killzone Shadow Fall looks amazing. My husband always buys them but halfway through he says that he's bored with them. I've played a few chapters here and there but could never quite get hooked on the story. Wish Guerrilla Games would put a little more money towards the writing team.

Legendoflore

It's shiny and looks good on the console It makes the Ps4 look great and really shows off what it can do. other than that it's not that great of a game. I don't hate it but certainly I got pretty bored by it. The gameplay is okay and the story is average and cliche. It's an average game with amazing graphics.

andrew172

No. It's a great representative of what the PS4 can do. It shows off the kind of graphics that the PS4 can push out but other than that it was average at best. I didn't hate it but I didn't love it. Honestly once I got past of amazing it looked, I moved on pretty quickly to the gameplay. It's not bad but it's very launch title.

"launch title" describes this best really, I don't think any launch title really comes off as a perfect game, the really good games tend to come at least a year after the launch of a new console. Killzone was a good little demonstration of what the PS4 can do, but I don't know if it will hold a candle to games that are coming in the future.

Oberon

, , The Enforcer, ,
I only just started the campaign and agree with most here.
Its a launch title so mostly an early showcase game of PS4.Most launch games are'nt the best usually. But it shows great potential.
Just wait 1 year,2 years and 3 years down the track,Ill bet we'll see games that we didnt think could look that good,just like GTA V and Last of Us on PS3 now.

Jaymayne67

Its not that I wasn't impressed at the graphics, as they were stellar. The game itself was kind of a letdown, I haven't played any other killzone so take it with a grain of salt. I pretty much beat the game in a little over six hours of on/off game play. I would have liked it to be a little longer, and possibly end a bit differently. Other than that it was an amazing game with awesome graphics!

Jay

jaza85

I think online would be the main reason to buy KSF. Ive been playing multiplayer since launch and can honestly say im still hooked.

Dressycrazybull

I bought the Killzone bundle cos I loved the original on PS2. Never played ay in between. What I loved about the original was the diverse gameplay: one miute you were picking off the foe the next mowing down dozens on a beach. Im trying to stay positive about new version but feel well..meh. Havent tried multiplayer yet starting to think ill not bother and wait for Planetside 2 or buy Battlefield.

WarriorSoldier

The only part I liked was the graphics. It just felt like the same old game we always play. Sort of like crysis meets killzone 2. It was impressive in some aspects but didn't entirely wow me.

RobDaCool

Nah, I got it as a gift, well more like an errand to run, the gal at GameStop did say it was the number one returned/traded in game this holiday season, so I guess I'm not the only one who hated it lol

I am on my second play through. And gotta say. The more I play the more impressed I am.

It was quite obviously rushed to release to make the launch window. As I find it very inconsistent, both in terms of polish and game play.

Some levels are hugely entertaining and gorgeous. While some levels are very unimpressive and just feel like filler, or simply unfinished.

It needed more sandbox style levels. As for me they shone. As did the levels on the shattered surface of halgan late in the game.

MP is a completely different beast. I love it. Well balanced, gorgeous (dat 1080/60p!) A real return to form after the disappointed that was KZ3 MP. And after the train wreck that was the BF4 lauch. It was nice to play something that was stable and felt "finished". They obviously put a lot of work into the MP leading up to launch.

Its also nice that unlike every other developer. All future DLC for KZ will be totally free. None of this pay almost the price of the original game again just to access all the features. I'm looking at you BF4 and the BS premium fee!

Gotta say im loving mp. 24 player warzone is great fun with a strong teamwork ethic needed. Pity about lack of chat though.

Agreed. Dedicated voice chat would be welcome addition. I'm really hoping that they can add this at a later date as victory really does require effective team work.

I assume that the PS4 party chat works? Though obviously limited to party members only?

mauricioq

I'm planning on buying it and my friends says this one is awesome, one of the best on the series...
I hope it's good, I don't want to be disappointed since I always liked killzone...

Fiverr Exposed

"launch title" describes this best really, I don't think any launch title really comes off as a perfect game, the really good games tend to come at least a year after the launch of a new console. Killzone was a good little demonstration of what the PS4 can do, but I don't know if it will hold a candle to games that are coming in the future.

Sometimes I wonder if they do this on purpose, using the excuse that it's a "new" system, and the next game is gonna be "way better," just to get you to buy both titles. As if they don't make enough money on these titles.