• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Nintendo Tested ‘Pikmin’ on 3DS Before Moving to Wii U

Clark Wayne

Nintendo Tested 'Pikmin' on 3DS Before Moving to Wii U

Pikmin 3 will finally be releasing in North America in August, which is way off the mark from it's intended release date as it was originally supposed to be a launch or near launch title for the Wii U. Nintendo has now revealed that they tested the game out for the Nintendo 3DS first before ultimately deciding to release the game on the Wii U, as they felt on the 3DS, "it just didn't feel like Pikmin."

Gamer_Fries

I guess that's fine and I have at least a couple friends that will be glad to hear Pikmin is going to be released this August, but I don't really see why they had to "test" it on the 3DS first. Maybe that was the right move but I can't say for sure, also it might have helped the console if Pikmin had been a launch title since the Wii U did not have a great line-up when it was released.

Medza

I think that a legendary title like Pikmin was always bound to do well providing that it was executed properly , but still it is great to see that they are taking the measures to test the quality of the games that they are putting out rather than releasing any old crap. If you look at services like Steam, they don't check anything at all, if the game looks good enough then it's good enough to be put up on sale, just look at the War Z debacle to see what kind of games got put up on Steam. So thumbs up to Nintendo for actually checking and testing their games.

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements