• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Nintendo chief vows to rejuvenate profits in 2014

Clark Wayne

Nintendo chief vows to rejuvenate profits in 2014 | Technology | theguardian.com

Nintendo has been going through some trying times lately as although they posted profits this year and their handheld system the Nintendo 3DS is doing well, Their latest home console the Wii U has been struggling ever since it has been released. Now, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata has promised that in 2014, he will greatly increase profits for Nintendo and turnaround the Wii U to become a successful console.

Medza

I don't think that there's anything wrong with getting the majority of their profits from the 3DS. I would much rather see them continue supporting their currently most popular console rather than trying random things to fix up the Wii U. All credit to them if they manage to get some good games for the Wii U, but I think that the 3DS should be the priority here.

americagunsu

The Nintendo Wii U must export the fan-favorites. And indeed they do...
well now; on the Internet Nintendo fan-based people of the web are increasingly
asking or acting that they must have Star Fox Wii U version. As well as a --
"The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past" revision. But Nintendo has not responded
regarding the two former past-time issues (in regards to the series of both!) Although
it is not a concern to a altruist Sony video-gamer, understand?

americagunsu

They can only generate profits if Star Fox Wii U was announced
either-on-Nintendo Direct or from their Electronic Gaming Expo 3 (held in Los Angeles, CA.)
And you know what they did-not! So they are in peril. I dunno I will count them out on this one,
Sony PS4 all the way - David Michael (americagunsu)

brad

I personally can't see the Wii U doing any better its losing constantly and it won't work anything they do sadly well its what i think because of how poorly created it was and a lack of games.

amazingone

They should venture into virtual reality gaming. They used to be on the cutting edge of the technology. Remember virtual boy? That was pretty interesting for its time though it turned out to suck from what I read. Or they should buy up a bunch of software developers.

BlackSolaris

Professional Escapologist
Seeing how they have opposite ideas from time to time, the next one will be great.
Just lets not think about the 2D and all the different versions of DS and 3DS.

amazingone

It kind of does seem like they alternate between generations of great and terrible consoles. At least since the SNES. N64 was a let down to a lot of gamers because it took forever to get the software ball rolling. Wii was a pretty big hit. Wii U not so much. 3ds is doing OK. 2ds not going to be that popular. So they are due for a killer console the next time around..right?? Right???

corporatenoun

It's not surprising. There are no huge marquee titles as of right now. In 2014 we'll be seeing a lot more of those heavyweight games come to shelves like Smash Bros and Mario Kart, which alone would compel me to buy a WiiU.

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements