• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

New Info on the PS4′s Noise Level, Power Consumption, Media Performance & More

Oberon

, , The Enforcer, ,
Here's just few:

dualshockers.com said:
The PS4′s cooling fan has a low noise level and stepless speed control (meaning that it will increase its speed to match heat smoothly and not in sudden steps like the one on the PS3).

Since the Blu-Ray player is 6x instead of 2x (like the one on the PS3 was), the spinning noise is actually louder. Ito-san feels it’s not annoyingly louder and it will be countered by caching data on the hard disk drive. It’ll be mostly audible during the initial spin-up.

The theme of the PS4 is “Personalization”, meaning that it will offer an experience tailored to each individual.

To see the whole article and all info visit the link here:
http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/09...power-consumption-media-performance-and-more/

amazingone

Great news. I was hoping that the fan would have lower noise. The fact that it is smoothing out instead of abruptly starting and stopping is also fantastic news. The PS3 fan was really a pet peeve of mine. It is so incredibly loud, especially on the fattys compared to the slims.

BlackSolaris

Professional Escapologist
The personalization sounds nice, but i think i will be waiting to see it for myself when it comes to the noise and cooling performance of the hardware.

JoeDirt

Do these things really matter? I wouldn't mind if the Playstation makes noise or consumes so much power because it's a powerful device and runs games with amazing graphics. Beside, the device hasn't been improved yet and it will be in the next couple of years.

amazingone

Do these things really matter? I wouldn't mind if the Playstation makes noise or consumes so much power because it's a powerful device and runs games with amazing graphics. Beside, the device hasn't been improved yet and it will be in the next couple of years.

It matters a ton. My original PS3 fatty was so loud sometimes that I had to turn on music to drown the fan's sound out. That was quite annoying. I really hope that the PS4 is as quiet as they are making it out to be.

MedeaWakoski

Yeah, it matters to me too. The noise on the fat PS3 was annoying, and better power consumption is a major plus because I don't want to pay a lot for electrical bills or worry about burning out the socket.

amazingone

Yeah, it matters to me too. The noise on the fat PS3 was annoying, and better power consumption is a major plus because I don't want to pay a lot for electrical bills or worry about burning out the socket.

I am glad that you feel the same way. I agree on the point about burning out an electrical socket. I live in a very old house so I worry about things like that too. This house is so old that there are bats in the cavernous basement. I feel like I am going to burn the damn thing down with all of the electronics that I use. So, the power consumption of the next generation consoles is actually a big deal to people like us.

stoudman

Wow, I actually didn't know that the blu-ray drive is going to be 6x. Sounds like it's going to be even better than the PS3, albeit possibly a little louder. Oh well, you pay for quality and I'm sure that the PS4 will replace the PS3 purely in terms of being the best blu-ray player on the market. It's been said before, but it bears repeating -- the PS3 is currently still the best blu-ray player on the market because it does not have any trouble with updating firmware. Considering how incredibly difficult it can be to do so on certain blu-ray players (I still can't believe how cumbersome some of them are in this day and age), this is a pretty big deal. At faster speeds, I'm sure the PS4 will be even better.

Annetteb

I like the fact that there will be less noise and power consumption in the PS4 vs the PS3. I have all of the PS platforms and I can not wait to add the PS4 to my collection. I am excited about getting it and about what updates they will have. I'm just so excited.

mareebaybay

The noise of my gaming console never really affected me much. I guess it was mainly because of how loud my actual television was. Although this is great news about the upcoming Playstation 4.

mareebaybay

The sound of my game would only annoy me, if it was brand new. Whenever I get a new system I never realize the noise of the system. It is one of those things where it is brand new, so there should be no flaws in my game. If I heard a lot of background noise out of my new system I would be kind of disappointed I won't lie. Other than that, the minor details doesn't impact my game play.

DrRipley

I have a PS3 slim, and it makes minimal noise at most, but I'm of course not against Sony perfecting their consoles. If the next one turns out to be a lot smoother, more efficient and more silent, then I'm all for it, especially since I'm presuming a lot of people will be using their consoles for a lot more than gaming and thus will be keeping them turned on for longer periods of time.

Joel

That thing can't be as loud as the first gen Xbox 360. That sounded like an air craft in your living room. With the 6x though, it aught to be able to access data faster and maybe improve graphical computation from media to system so just ignore the loudness and enjoy how realistic that water is!

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements