• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

NBA2K21

DestroyRepeat

Destroy. Repeat.
Destroy. Repeat.
Name: NBA 2K21
Release Date: Fall 2020
Genre: Basketball (Sports)
Developer: Visual Concepts
Publisher: 2K Sports

4_TJ

Hello Guys

Maybe a stupid question but if I buy NBA2K21 the standard edition on ps4. Do I have to pay full price again for the ps5 version of the game. I can't really seem to find anything about that. I remember when this happened from ps3 to ps4 we had to pay like 10$ for the upgrade to ps4. It only says that for the Kobe edition that you get the game for both.
Thanks if anyone knows the answer

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Hello Guys

Maybe a stupid question but if I buy NBA2K21 the standard edition on ps4. Do I have to pay full price again for the ps5 version of the game. I can't really seem to find anything about that. I remember when this happened from ps3 to ps4 we had to pay like 10$ for the upgrade to ps4. It only says that for the Kobe edition that you get the game for both.
Thanks if anyone knows the answer
It's said to be BC (Backward Compatible) going from PS4 to PS5. The architecture of PS5 makes it so that it's easy to play PS4 games on PS5. However, officially, we have not heard everything about the BC features. Xbox Series X's BC is said to be "buy one and it works on next gen" which is Smart Delivery. Microsoft is treating Xbox Series X as if it is a PC. You just buy one, it will work on any Xbox console. Sony has not said a single thing about BC since the Tech conference back in March...

4_TJ

It's said to be BC (Backward Compatible) going from PS4 to PS5. The architecture of PS5 makes it so that it's easy to play PS4 games on PS5. However, officially, we have not heard everything about the BC features. Xbox Series X's BC is said to be "buy one and it works on next gen" which is Smart Delivery. Microsoft is treating Xbox Series X as if it is a PC. You just buy one, it will work on any Xbox console. Sony has not said a single thing about BC since the Tech conference back in March...

But since they give you a Kobe edition where u get the ps4 and ps5 edition. I don't think that won't be the thing for the game no?

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
But since they give you a Kobe edition where u get the ps4 and ps5 edition. I don't think that won't be the thing for the game no?
Well, to be fair, they're doing the same shit with Control. With Control, they're making an "Ultimate" Edition of Control, which comes with everything... including PS5/Xbox Series X upgrade. Pissed off a lot of people. So, whomever bought the original Control - they have to buy the same game all over again.

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!