• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

My girlfriend does not want me to buy a PS4. Should I dump her? :P

lindbergh

We've been passing through the local mall quite often. I saw the PS4 waiting there for me (yes, the PS4 is not sold out here), calling out my name. But then I hear a louder sound saying "NO! We will not buy that thing. It's a big big waste of money!"

:confused:I look to the direction of the sound it find out that it came from my girl. Sheesh. What a spoilsport. Should I dump her? :D \/

RobDaCool

She's your girlfriend not your wife :p But I wouldn't break up with her over it. If you can afford it go for it.

onison

My word of advise. Do what you want while you are not married to her. You cave on this and it will set the standard if you guys get married. If she loves you she will still be there, with a better understanding that you will buy the game if you want it.

SS42A

If you are engaged in a long-term relationship, merely dumping her over a dispute on whether to purchase the PS4 or not is trivial. There are bigger problems out there such as planning your finances, having children, getting a house and lot, and other family-related matters. Of course, your girlfriend shall have every right to say what she wants, but as of the moment she does not control your purse. Rather, it it is you who is in charge. As long as you are not yet married, I think you have every right to spend your funds as the way you like.

daimashin

Buy it if you want to, you're not a kid and she's not your mother. You're spending your own money, she's got no say in this. You two are not married and you let her dictate what to buy and what not, this is the beginning, soon she'll have a say in everything you do or don't. If you're financially capable of owning one then go for it, deal with her after that.

lindbergh

Haha, thanks for the advice guys. I really appreciate it. I just don't like it when she tries to boss me around. But, don't worry, I'm not going to dump her (I think :p).

Anyways, I do have money set aside to purchase a PS4. And I probably am going to buy an extra controller so that she could play too. :D

dazlight

My wife got me mine an tells me to piss off into the other room to play it so she can watch tv. We have been married 15 years though

Dmadman72

I Shall Finish The Game
Love is supposed to be about acceptance and making your significant other happy. If she is bossing you around or not letting you do the things you want then get rid of her. Life is to short to put up with someone holding you back. I am 42 now and have lived my life that way all of it. She is not the prize, the relationship is the prize and if it's only respected by one party then kick her to the curb and find one that lets you be you. There are plenty of girl gamers that would love a PS4

onison

True story. Before my wife and I were married, we went grocery shopping. She tried bitching at me for putting oreo cookies into the cart telling me I can't have them. Needless to say I was pretty upset and left and walked home. I lived probably 10 miles from the store. Yeah it was somewhat childish for me to blow up like that, I was 20 at the time, but she got the point after that and I get cookies whenever I want.

Oberon

, , The Enforcer, ,
Some interesting replies here...but I didnt know PS4forum is now providing relationship councelling lol :eek:

DrRipley

Buy it if you want to, you're not a kid and she's not your mother. You're spending your own money, she's got no say in this. You two are not married and you let her dictate what to buy and what not, this is the beginning, soon she'll have a say in everything you do or don't. If you're financially capable of owning one then go for it, deal with her after that.

LOL lindbergh, can't tell if you're serious, but I agree with daimashin. It's your money so you should be able to decide what to do with it, unless you almost consider yourselves married/engaged and share your finances. However, PS4 at the end of the day is still just a toy, and in my opinion it's not worth losing humans you love over. Maybe she is just jealous of the time you are spending on gaming, just spend more time with her then buy it anyway. :D

1000rrren

We've been passing through the local mall quite often. I saw the PS4 waiting there for me (yes, the PS4 is not sold out here), calling out my name. But then I hear a louder sound saying "NO! We will not buy that thing. It's a big big waste of money!"

:confused:I look to the direction of the sound it find out that it came from my girl. Sheesh. What a spoilsport. Should I dump her? :D \/

Blowmeuptom.com

Derri

, , Darkness, ,
Well to be fair, if it is your money and you're both independent and not relying on each other to live then I think its your choice. I'm glad to see you haven't decided to dump her though :p

Ghost_of_Crash

If you've got the money to buy a PS4 buy it and enjoy it. Do you know how much money will be wasted if you two get married and she buys stuff like...mirrors for the walls, pictures of stuff that has little to do with the two of you, bed stuff when you already have bed stuff, towels when you already have perfectly acceptable towels, other wall decor, and pieces of furniture you don't need, if you get a pet and she chooses it might end up being a pet with the most excessive health needs, etc.

It's gonna be more than your PS4 and half of your PS5, that's how much :mad:

BBGold

Dude, I hear that wives are worse and if you bought it even though your wife said no... she wouldn't even touch you, kiss you, do you or anything for months. Maybe years man. So I say: DO IT. Get the damn thing, she's probably just jealous cause you'll play it more and all she'll want is your attention even though she says she doesn't care about your attention, she'll still crave it. Women are insanely confusing as hell. Damn them women!

Jaymayne67

My word of advise. Do what you want while you are not married to her. You cave on this and it will set the standard if you guys get married. If she loves you she will still be there, with a better understanding that you will buy the game if you want it.

Couldn't of said it better.

WarriorSoldier

A good girlfriend will buy it for you, or, at least, understand that you love gaming and it's your passion. It's insane how much chicks don't get, yet, they want us to get them. Game on my friend and enjoy it!

SpaceTiger

Did you try shouting "No one puts baby in a corner!" or "My name is Lindbergh, I am NO ONE'S BITCH!" before pointing at everyone in the mall and declaring them all your bitches? In my personal experience both have worked.

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements