• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Most memorable set of PS1/PS2 games?

Dytropia

So guys, having had a PS1 and 2 myself, what were your most memorable games that you've played on those consoles?

I've played the series of Spyro, Daxster, and Ratchet and Clank games.

I don't know what about it, but the Spiderman 1 video game was the most fun I had on the console in the longest time.

So guys, what were your favourite games on the older Playstation consoles?

tribalrob1

I mostly remember the epic storyline of grandia 2 and of course playing the final fantasy series, oh yeah who could forget twisted metal ?

SS42A

Final Fantasy VII is one of my most memorable PS1 games, because this was the only game that I played frequently. I first played the game back in first year college and it was very addictive.

Railan

Without a doubt, Shadow of the Colossus. Tremendously innovative, great ambientation, soundtrack and engaging gameplay. A experience I will never forget. I still regularly listen to the soundtrack to remember the best parts. If you haven't played, you're missing on a real masterpiece.

cenarion

My favorites for the PS1 are Metal Gear Solid, Castlevania Symphony of the Night, Resident Evil 2 and Tenchu 1/2. For the PS2 are Shadow of the Colossus and Metal Gear Solid 2.

MGS was my favorite series of those generations. Pity Konami dropped the ball in the PS3 era.

deathbyprayer

This might not be the classic example, but the most memorable PS1 title I've ever played is Bloody Roar. Man, my friends and I spent hours upon hours just beating the crap out of each other. This game is one of the 3D fighting games in the PS1 that is delivers and one of the games that I truly adore, maybe be better than Tekken 3 in my opinion. For those of you who don't know what Bloody Roar is, it's basically Tekken with characters morphing to half human half animal hybrids. You can fight as a human or a half-beast, totally one of the best games I've ever played.

DrRipley

My most memorable would have to be Def Jam. it was the first time for me to get to play famous celebrities/musicians, and also the gameplay itself was enough to make it more than just a novelty. It was also great to play both in single player and multiplayer mode, as the story mode was still very fun and well thought out, and playing with friends using the various super powers and environmental moves was very fun as well.

FosterTXT

The best set of PlayStation 1 games in my personal opinion are Grand Turismo 1 and Grand Turismo 2. I remember playing both games with my little steering wheel back in the day and they are by far some of the best racing games that I have ever played.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
SS42A Most memorable "Game Over" scenes Other Gaming Talk 8
DrRipley Memorable Cheats In PS1 & PS2 PlayStation Legacy 8
RaggaJungle Most memorable games for PS1? PlayStation Legacy 10
B VR Head set compatibility question PlayStation 5 Accessories & Peripherals 3
M Noob dad struggling to get parental control set up on son's PS5 PlayStation 5 0
B Turtle beach head set or astro for the new ps5? PlayStation 5 Accessories & Peripherals 2
T players for heists an set ups PlayStation 4 0
D LF Zunimassa set PlayStation 4 0
Oberon Rare Grand Master Character Gear set only for top 100 players PlayStation 4 3
KMJ_84 PlayStation Now set for 2015 EU launch, report claims PlayStation 4 5
daimashin Hot to set a primary account? PlayStation 4 3
Clark Wayne SOFTWARE Sonic Lost World Release Date Set For Wii U, Nintendo 3DS Wii U 2
Clark Wayne Windows executive set to become new overseer of Xbox One Xbox 0
T Question: Will my games bought on the PSN Store (ranging from Ps1 to Ps3) be compatible with PS5 PlayStation 5 2
Solarees PS1 Lucifer Ring PlayStation Legacy 2
gamerteabwoi What Was Your Favorite Game On the PS1 PlayStation Legacy 2
deathbyprayer The PS1 loading screen of death.. PlayStation Legacy 13
lindbergh Best ending boss battles on the PS1 PlayStation Legacy 15
lindbergh The PS1 was not that reliable? PlayStation Legacy 19
pandandesign Will I be able to play PS1 games on PS4? PlayStation 4 11
jstep7262 Rumor: PS4 slated to geta PS1 & PS2 emulator PlayStation 4 29
nealbo What is the strangest Playstation (PS1/PS2) game you've ever played? PlayStation Legacy 11
D Best Memory Of PS1 PlayStation Legacy 33
D Most Underrated Game On PS1 PlayStation Legacy 27
daimashin How long did you use your PS1 PlayStation Legacy 27
D What was your favorite PS1-PS3 game ever made? PlayStation Legacy 49
lindbergh Never thought there were loads of Army Men games on the PS1 PlayStation Legacy 3
RxCxDietrich From Generation PS1 to Generation PS4 and beyond! Hi everyone! Introduce Yourself 8
lindbergh PS1 vs Sega Saturn - which was more powerful? PlayStation Legacy 11
lindbergh Did you copy music tracks on your PS1 CDs? PlayStation Legacy 11
lindbergh The Unholy War (PS1) PlayStation Legacy 0
lindbergh O.D.T. for the PS1 PlayStation Legacy 0
lindbergh PS1 vs N64 PlayStation Legacy 14
themarksquared What do you think is the PS1's legacy? PlayStation Legacy 7
lindbergh Iron Soldier 3 - one of the worst games I've played on the PS1 PlayStation Legacy 0
unwittyoneliner Any of you play Jet Moto on the PS1? PlayStation Legacy 2
D Games On PS1 That You Were Addicted To PlayStation Legacy 35
unwittyoneliner Where's the best place to buy retro games online? (PS1, SNES, etc.) PlayStation Legacy 14
Jellyfish Tenchu (Ps1) PlayStation Legacy 6
Jellyfish PS1 or PSX? PlayStation Legacy 5
Jellyfish Bloody Roar 2 (PS1) PlayStation Legacy 5
Jellyfish Kula World (PS1) PlayStation Legacy 3
Jellyfish Die Hard (PS1) PlayStation Legacy 5
Jellyfish Rayman (PS1) PlayStation Legacy 8
lindbergh Thousand Arms (PS1) PlayStation Legacy 0
lindbergh Resident Evil: Gun Survivor - one of the worst games on the PS1 PlayStation Legacy 9
DrRipley Will PS1 CDs Become As Collectible As Nintendo/Sega Cartridges? PlayStation Legacy 22
Jellyfish Oddworld: Abe's Exodus (PS1) PlayStation Legacy 2
Jellyfish Gta 2 (ps1) PlayStation Legacy 8
Jellyfish Doom (PS1) PlayStation Legacy 4