• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Microsoft offering $100 of store credit when you trade in a PS3 or Xbox 360

Dieselkerr

Well I still use my Xbox 360 & PS3 for my daughter, as we have a loads of games we play on them, so even if I could use this, I'd be no better off over buying a PS4 & I'd lose my gaming system that my kid loves. No thanks.
And in th eUK, the Xbone is still £100 more than the PS4, so again, not a great deal.

daimashin

Will you abandon the Playstation 3 for an Xbox One?

There is this news right now that says that Microsoft is offering credits for buying an Xbox One if you trade in your Playstation 3. I think, this is really cheap on Microsoft's part. Goes to show how Xbox One is sorely losing to the Playstation 4 which is why the desperation. Here's the link to the story:

$100 off for Xbox One, Trade in PS3.

Oberon

, , The Enforcer, ,
lolzzzz

Its one thing if retailers would do this,who cares..but microsoft themselves? Gimme a break...lol

daimashin

... and really low. Microsoft is behaving like those small companies trying desperately to sell their products. If they want to sell their console, do it head on fair and square. Such a cheap move to get people to buy the Xbox One. This is indirectly admitting that they are losing to Sony, who's the guy that thought that this was a good idea.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

RobDaCool

$100? lol They're also offering $100 for the Xbox 360 -and officially saying that their console is no better then the competitions ;)

nealbo

Well that's interesting! I mean I agree with other people that is is pretty low of Microsoft, but what a great marketing concept to get Playstation users to make the switch without much effort from Microsoft. I must admit, trading in my old PS3 for a chunk of money of a current gen console sounds great.

Dmadman72

I Shall Finish The Game
While I will never get rid of my PS3 this deal is not as bad as most of you think. Microsoft is actually giving $30 more then EB games/Game stop. They are only offering $70. To be honest though I wouldn't even trade in my 360 for a Xbone.

DrRipley

I agree, it does feel a bit desperate, but only a bit in my view and it's far from being unfathomable as a marketing tactic. However, I would have only considered it had they offered at least $200 off for trading the PS3, because taking a hundred dollars off would only put their price at the same price as PS4, and given that option I'd rather just have both a new console and still get to keep my old one. I doubt this tactic would work, but I'd love to see the results after it's over.

swagger

Does this stack up? I have 360, PS3, and PS4, considering trading in 360 and PS3 for a Xbox 1, anyone know if I could trade in 360 and PS3 for $200?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
don_bidarian Rise of the Tomb Raider Will be Published by Microsoft PlayStation 4 6
iamthenight90 microsoft buys minecraft for 2.5 billion PlayStation 4 4
Pedro funk Ex Microsoft fan boy! Introduce Yourself 9
Ridge Microsoft Fans Angry At Bungie Over Destiny Alpha Other Gaming Talk 17
Derri A Switch of Allegiance - Microsoft Taking the Lead? PlayStation 4 3
Oberon Microsoft ends XP support Off Topic Lounge 4
KMJ_84 Microsoft reportedly paying YouTube gamers to praise Xbox One Xbox 10
KMJ_84 Xbox One won't be Microsoft's last console, exec suggests Xbox 1
L Microsoft have lost another gamer.... Introduce Yourself 7
DrRipley Microsoft "Padding" Their Statistics? Xbox 6
DrRipley Microsoft's First Exclusive Xbox One Content Is A Documentary Xbox 1
D Microsoft sticking their nose into No Man's Sky PlayStation 4 0
D Sony still taking unnecessary jabs at Microsoft on Launch PlayStation 4 30
DrRipley Should Microsoft Sell Xbox? Xbox 30
Clark Wayne Microsoft: Xbox One to be “as inclusive as possible” for indie developers Xbox 3
Clark Wayne Microsoft Studios head defends making changes to Xbox One Xbox 5
Clark Wayne Microsoft unveils 23 launch titles for Xbox One Xbox 1
Clark Wayne Microsoft says Xbox One will never sell without Kinect Xbox 1
Clark Wayne Microsoft announces 50-game Xbox One lineup, with more titles to come Xbox 0
Esperahol So... what is going on over at Microsoft? Xbox 0
Medza Microsoft rolls back on Games for Windows Live PC Games 1
Clark Wayne Microsoft to Euro gamers: Xbox One games not region-locked Xbox 2
Clark Wayne Microsoft Downscales Xbox One 2013 Launch to 13 Markets Xbox 3
Clark Wayne Microsoft: Xbox One Won't Require Kinect to Work Xbox 11
C Will Sales tip in Xbox's Favor a 3rd time around due to Microsoft fixing thier flaws? Xbox 9
Clark Wayne Microsoft to reveal unannounced Xbox One title at gamescom – rumour Xbox 2
Clark Wayne Xbox One Will Not Have 12GB Of RAM, Microsoft Confirms 8GB Xbox 0
Clark Wayne Has Microsoft Leaked The Xbox One Release Date In A 'Call of Duty: Ghosts' Ad? Xbox 1
Clark Wayne Schell: Microsoft should have held its nerve on Xbox One Xbox 1
Clark Wayne Microsoft doing away with XLBA on Xbox One Xbox 1
Clark Wayne Microsoft patent for Xbox One AR glasses pops up Xbox 1
Clark Wayne Microsoft Confirms 360 Headset Adapter for Xbox One Xbox 3
Clark Wayne Microsoft 'looking into' including headsets with Xbox One Xbox 2
Clark Wayne Xbox 360 Friends List Won't Carry Over to Xbox One confirms Microsoft Xbox 0
Clark Wayne Microsoft prices Xbox One controller at $60, headset at $25 Xbox 1
Clark Wayne Microsoft: “no plans” for an Xbox One without Kinect Xbox 1
Clark Wayne Microsoft: Xbox One Pre-Orders Outpacing Xbox 360 Xbox 0
Clark Wayne Microsoft ready to fight NSA if it requests access to Xbox One Kinect Xbox 1
Clark Wayne Microsoft confirms Xbox One game can be played during installation. Xbox 0
Clark Wayne Many think Microsoft's policy on indie games is a problem. Xbox 1
Esperahol Do you feel like you'll ever trust Microsoft again? Xbox 2
Clark Wayne Fans petition Microsoft to bring back old policies. Xbox 1
Clark Wayne Microsoft intergrating advertising with Kinect. Xbox 0
Clark Wayne Microsoft may extend free game program beyond the release of the Xbox One. Xbox 1
M Total reversal by Microsoft for DRM policies Xbox 8
venomeye Very imaginative Microsoft to call new XBOX one Xbox 5
S-gamer Microsoft announces 57.6 Million 360 Consoles Sold Xbox 1
Medza EA launches the 'Great Game Guarantee' - offering full refunds on all games on origin PC Games 1