• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Microsoft Fans Angry At Bungie Over Destiny Alpha

Ridge

I came across this article today and found it very interesting.

I think this is the most ridiculous example of gamers feeling entitled (something that really bothers me) that I've seen in awhile.

What do you guys think?

Derri

, , Darkness, ,
I mean I understand their anger. If you've invested in a company and game for a long time it does kind of feel a little upsetting that so much is being done and you can't be apart of it because of your console choice. So this news doesn't annoy me.

Its kind of like games that are being remade for the playstation. The Last of Us is a good example, many feel entitled to some kind of upgrade programme or discount if you have bought the PS3 edition + season pass because ultimately you aren't getting anything new. You aren't get much more than a slightly better looking game. And what annoys many people is that they're targeting existing fans because they're doing things such as a supplies bonus for TLoU PS3 users etc. So it kind of makes you a little annoyed that they're doing that and therefore you do get a sense of entitlement.

Gamers feeling entitled to something isn't something I get worked up over because I can sympathize where they are coming from.

Ridge

I mean I understand their anger. If you've invested in a company and game for a long time it does kind of feel a little upsetting that so much is being done and you can't be apart of it because of your console choice. So this news doesn't annoy me.

Microsoft fans haven't invested anything in Destiny yet. Just because you bought a developer's last few games doesn't mean they owe you anything. They aren't your friend, they are a business...

Derri

, , Darkness, ,
Microsoft fans haven't invested anything in Destiny yet. Just because you bought a developer's last few games doesn't mean they owe you anything. They aren't your friend, they are a business...

I know but its like if Naughty Dog went Microsoft exclusive for a new IP. Sony fans would be upset, perhaps not to this degree and I agree with you that this is an extreme example but in general I can feel where they might feel entitled to something. I mean essentially Bungie built Halo with Microsoft support so some do feel a little 'betrayed' but because it is a new IP I think people are overlooking this fact like you said.

Haze

They had Halo for how many years? My God at least you still get to play Destiny! And in a years time are they really going to care?

Oberon

, , The Enforcer, ,
Come on,ridiculous.Xboners should just suck it up and wait..that's all they have to do,just wait a little is all.
As has been said,its not like xbox isnt getting Destiny at all.
I guess Bungie also realized that overall PS4 is the superior console,that's why the alpha (and beta?) are on Playstation first. :eek:

Ciel

See-Elle
All I can say to those gamers is, "touch cookies." Gamer entitlement these last few years has become completely absurd. Gamers want people to look at them differently, want to be respected and what their hobby to be adored and understood; stuff like this does not help.

Ridge

I guess Bungie also realized that overall PS4 is the superior console,that's why the alpha (and beta?) are on Playstation first. :eek:
I'm pretty sure Sony paid for everything exclusive and Destiny related they're getting. Seems like Sony will be doing a lot of the marketing as well..
All I can say to those gamers is, "tough cookies." Gamer entitlement these last few years has become completely absurd. Gamers want people to look at them differently, want to be respected and what their hobby to be adored and understood; stuff like this does not help.

Agreed, it is hard to take the gaming community seriously when every opportunity to become a whiny child is taken advantage of.

sparkblade14

That's pretty stupid. I hate the overall whiny and entitled attitude (in general) that the gaming community has. Companies don't owe you crap, they do whatever makes the best sense for them financially. In this case, Sony dished out the money needed to make the PS4 have exclusive content and be the main console behind Destiny. If you can't stand not getting what you want, you should probably get your head checked out.

Gamer_Fries

It would certainly be a lot better if they could kind of get over themselves, I would say people are very over excited when it comes to something like this and I don't understand it. So what if someone else get's to play an unfinshed version of a game you want to play, it'll be released and much better.
Overall I think we can all be a little whiny when there is not reason to be.

iamthenight90

The Watcher In The Wings
i can understand the xbox fans pains. diehard fans of microsoft, like me before ps4, need to realize that ps4 is doing better, so why in the hell would they spend 100 extra dollors for the not so good console.i remember when transitioning to sony products and telling my mom that ps4 was better she said "you never play your ps3!" "becuase no one else does!" then why are you getting a ps4? because everyone else yas one. how does that even work? how do i now?

firelily99

It is an issue of gamers feeling entitled. That is the nature of business and you probably won't find it on a video game.

Bingo

As a longtime PC RPG gamer, I felt hurt when Bioware made Jade Empire and Mass Effect console exclusives. Yes, they were both later ported, but the shift towards simplified controller-compatible gameplay pissed a lot of us off at the time. So I can understand where they're coming from.

Henry

This kind of thing has happened before. I remember there was a new Sega console every few months. First it was the Sega Master system, than the Sega Genesis, followed by the Sega CD, then the Sega 32X, followed by the Sega Saturn, you get the idea. You'd have to be crazy to buy a Sega console in those days because you got easily stuck with a bunch of outdated games.

jbeavis100

I don't know if it feels like entitlement.. It's more like.. if you buy all this companies games on one platform for a long time and were part of the reason they were successful i think you'd feel a little jipped when they made the competitors version better..

daimashin

I feel like this generation of gaming is getting worse. Everyday I visit different forums only to find members trolling the boards of the opposite "faction." They make topics and complain about the slightest things. It was only an Alpha that lasted for a few days, I don't understand the need to make a fuss about it. Which comes to why I'm glad the ps4forum is so much peace and quiet.

deathbyprayer

Wow that is some major fanboy crap right there. I would understand their rage if Destiny was an exclusive but no. What's all the fuss about? I mean those guys had Halo for like forever and it's not even in the PS so what's the point of getting angry?

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements