• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Low Quality Stream from PS5?

potarotaTV

I've never streamed live direct from a console before. Always used Game Capture and OBS and shit like that. I decided last night to tap into the PS5's streaming feature for the first time. After linking to Twitch I went through the settings and made sure video quality was set to 1920x1080 at 60fps. However, looking back at my video on Twitch and the output of it to YouTube, both are at 720p. Is there something I'm missing? Looks like trash and frankly I'm a bit embarrassed for putting something out like this for the first time in 4 years.

And the PS5 cam I used as well is about as good a quality as my 4 year old laptop's webcam. So, also not good IMO.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Twitch's streaming has a lower bitrate. GGReloaded uploaded a Twitch clip, and still looks bad.

potarotaTV

Twitch's streaming has a lower bitrate. GGReloaded uploaded a Twitch clip, and still looks bad.

I mean, for me this is not a good example. I started watching what you provided here and I'm watching it at 1080p60fps and it clearly looks better than my video last night sitting on my Twitch and YouTube at 720p even despite his warning that they look like shit. And, to add to that, it also has nothing to do with the PS5. I am watching someone right now stream the same game I did from their PS5 on Twitch and their current stream and past (like, yesterday) are at 1080p60fps.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
I mean, for me this is not a good example. I started watching what you provided here and I'm watching it at 1080p60fps and it clearly looks better than my video last night sitting on my Twitch and YouTube at 720p even despite his warning that they look like shit. And, to add to that, it also has nothing to do with the PS5. I am watching someone right now stream the same game I did from their PS5 on Twitch and their current stream and past (like, yesterday) are at 1080p60fps.
What I was getting at, is Twitch's bitrate has always been bad. That was on a Xbox One. However, YouTube is currently outputting videos less than 1080p for server reasons due to the pandemic. Theretically, your video is 4k in real time.