• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Longest time you have played PS3?

RaggaJungle

What is the longest time you have played on the PS3, this includes short breaks (up to 10mins.) The longest I have played pretty much non-stop is around 36hours. The game was GTA4, and it was when I had first bought it. I instantly got hooked to it like I have for every GTA that's hit the shelves. I don't see this as much of a problem really, gaming beats sleeping overall, and when you finally do sleep, its feels pretty amazing!

ozadin

36 hours? Wow.. The most I've gotten was probably 5-6 hours since I don't have many games for the PS3.

BlackSolaris

Professional Escapologist
That would be Demon Souls. It was one of the first games i bought for the PS3 and i played it around 17 or 18 hours, i ain't sure now. Really got to replay that again and Dark Souls, so i can wait for Dark Souls II.

Haze

Damn. Some of you guys go epic! Wish I had the attention span of you guys. I think the longest I've gone is 3-4 hours. Yeah I know - not much of a "marathon"

danealegana

Really, 36 hours? I just went for 14 hours with 2k13 after creating my own Mods and tested it without me noticing the time and probably 4 or 5 times for a 5 to 10 minute break.

Wastelander

I wish I could say 3-4 hours was the longest marathon I've had. A few years back a buddy and I set up 2 televisions side by side, and two PS3s. We then played Resident Evil 5 versus with the goal of getting to the top of the leader boards. We got there, but I couldn't even count the hours it took.

But, the average person doesn't seem too impressed when you brag about investing that much time into a game. Odd, I know. But definitely 3-4 hours is a good respectable amount of time without getting the old eye roll from non-gaming friends :)

nutstuart

Does Netflix count? I had many Netflix marathon on a lazy Sunday where all I want to do is vegetate and watch movies for 8 to 10 hours. I think the longest I ever played a game on my PS3 is 4 to 6 hours on the Mass Effect Games.

I'm not going to bother to lie here. I've played Red Dead Redemption for about eighteen hours at a stretch. I don't ever have a 36 hour window for gaming open but when I got that game I spent the majority of the first day alone at home playing it because my wife and kids all went off somewhere. I loved and still do love that game so much that I wanted to spend as much time as it took to get everything in it done and anyone whose played knows there is a ton of that.

xxfearless

36 hours is ridiculous, and I envy you for being able to do that.

As a student who also has a part-time job (and lives in a house with four other people who also need the TV occasionally) I think my longest has been somewhere around 12-13 hours. I took bathroom breaks in the bathroom that's adjacent to the TV, and ate meals while playing. I did this for a few games, including Kingdoms of Amalur, Skyrim, and both Fallout games. I just really get lost in the game when I play open-world RPGs, and lose track of time. If I didn't have to go to work/school/sleep, I guarantee you that my record would be a lot longer than that :)

DrRipley

My record for longest consecutive playtime is not with the PS3, but with PS1. When I first got hold of Devil May Cry, I couldn't let go of it, and I eventually played it to completion within 2 days. Admittedly, it's not really that long of a game, but I actually may have completed that game twice within the 2 days if I recall correctly, since I remember I couldn't just let it go after I had just gotten the opportunity to play the whole game again with all my current weapons intact.

sinailori101

I have played for up to 8 hours, this was on operation conflict:baghad. I really love this game and got so engulfed in it. I want to get a connection of the games, have them on playable version for the PS3.

maurovis

I don't think I've done anything in my life for 36hours straight lol. I would say the longest I've played would have to be God of War and that lasted I'd say about 4hours straight, with the odd bathroom break.

RaggaJungle

Looks like I have officially won this one! lol not sure if I should feel proud though - that's a whole lot of eye strain! :rolleyes:

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements