• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Least favorite things about your favorite games?

Mikey Paine

I recently picked up the HD Ratchet and Clank collection, which are some of my favorite games of all time. However, it has been a while since I played any of them, and I started to remember some things I disliked about them.

In Ratchet and Clank, you have to pay for weapons/gadgets that you need to progress, but if you don't have the bolts (money), you basically have to grind to get the money. It can be boring and frustrating

Also, I didn't particularly enjoy the hover board race.

So, what about you guys?

The Unlosing Ranger

Mighty Strike-Out Slugger
I really hate how overrated Persona 4 Golden has become. I love the game but the circlejerk surrounding it on certain Vita-focused forums is really annoying.

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member
I hate how I don't have enough time to play them.

Though to keep with the spirit of the discussion, I know what you mean about picking up a game and remembering things you didn't like. I just recently picked up GT5 again and I remember why I stopped playing it. There really wasn't a lot to do offline. it wasn't like other GT games. There were only a handful of events per tier, I hated the "ranking up" system, the licenses were a joke and not necessary to play, they took out the more challenging events like endurance races and a lot of the rallies and replaced a lot of it with "challenges". It seemed like they just wanted to capitalize on online which they are pulling in 2 days anyway so now the core of the game is useless; and I couldn't get into the online. Ok. I'm done :) *gets off soapbox*

Haymansafc

The Original Tomb Raider – where you only have 'set' places to save your progress rather than the second game where you could save whenever and wherever you wanted to. The same goes for any other Tomb Raider title which doesn't follow the second game's superior saving system. I hate having to go over the same ground over and over again simply because you couldn’t save any time within 5/10 minutes before getting to a tricky bit…

I don't like the way you can't physically damage the exterior of cars in the Gran Turismo series. For the first true realistic driving simulator, this is quite some omission… The first few games also didn't work with my steering wheel properly (half a turn was resulted in full lock on the in-game car!) but it wasn't an official wheel and I had no idea how to change any settings on the thing – so this downside could possibly be disputed.

In earlier GTA games where parts of the map were either locked or 'off limits' simply because you hadn't progressed far enough in the story mode. I'm sorry, but sometimes there were missions in GTA3 which irritated me so much with constantly failing that I ended up 'cheating' my way across to the other islands using the floating/flying car and invincibility cheat so I could just at least see what else there was in the game…!

I really hope I'm not the only one to think this, but I was always a bit underwhelmed with the graphics on GTA Vice City. I honestly didn't think they were as good as GTA3 which always looked 'smoother' to me. Now, I'm not one who moans about graphics – I'll always go for gameplay and story first but this is one example where I did feel a bit "meh" about a way a game actually looked. A great game that I really enjoyed otherwise...

World Championship Snooker 2002 – The AI player was always very slow and on anything other than the easiest setting, seemed to always get a decent high break to at least the point a frame had almost been lost before he missed his first ball… In the hardest setting, you'd basically lost not just the frame, but the whole match if it was your turn to break the pack at the start of a frame!

The Last Of Us – simply not long enough! I couldn't get enough of that game.

nickjt

My favorite games of the generation were the Uncharted series. Unfortunately these games have the same problem that I find a lot of series have, where you will be playing through a good engaging story, but then the developers decide the main character has to shoot 100 enemies before you can progress. I think the series would be much better if you only killed a handful of enemies in the game and had an opportunity to sneak past the rest.

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member
My favorite games of the generation were the Uncharted series. Unfortunately these games have the same problem that I find a lot of series have, where you will be playing through a good engaging story, but then the developers decide the main character has to shoot 100 enemies before you can progress. I think the series would be much better if you only killed a handful of enemies in the game and had an opportunity to sneak past the rest.

Though I see your point and know what you mean, that would go completely against the vision of what the game was about. They made the game to be like an action movie and that was the whole point. When have you ever seen John McClane just sneak past the enemy? Never. He blew those mothers up :)

Haze

I have a couple.

One is in Red Dead Redemption. My favourite game of all time, it really hurts to say this but there is this one part of a mission where you have to guide a horse herd in this narrow canyon. Each time I play it, it infuriates me. The horses just separate and you spend 5-10 minutes just trying to get them all back together. Doesn't sound like a big problem, but it annoys me so much.

One that's happened recently is Saints Row The Third. There's a mission where you are in some sort of "sim" where you're a toilet and a blow-up sex doll (yes, you heard me right). Anyway, towards the end you have a big wave of enemies coming at you and your objective is to defeat them while the sim suffers "lag". Who in their right mind thought this would be fun? Lag is never fun! Why would you put that in your game? Aside from that I love the game :)

Sebastianb

1- I hate grinding for other items,or the bull shit quests that some get you to do. Fetch this or get that, screw it its not worth my damn time get it your damn self!
2- Hate games that dont let you carry over money and stuff into so called 'transferable' games. I literally spent hours getting 10000000 dollars give it to me in my next damn game. Let ME worry if it unbalanced or not.

Sebastianb

1- I hate grinding for other items,or the bull shit quests that some get you to do. Fetch this or get that, screw it its not worth my damn time get it your damn self!
2- Hate games that dont let you carry over money and stuff into so called 'transferable' games. I literally spent hours getting 10000000 dollars give it to me in my next damn game. Let ME worry if it unbalanced or not.

Sorry I ranted

gamerteabwoi

My least favorite thing about my favorite game which is GTA 5 is that there isn't more things to spend your money on. I know it sounds weird because their are already so many things to spend your money on I just thing that there should have been more things.

firelily99

As much as I loved Tomb Raider it did have its quirks. It was never anything major, it just had enough that it could get aggravating.

The Unlosing Ranger

Mighty Strike-Out Slugger
Here's a pair I thought I should mention, though they're not the games themselves...

The Souls series' community. There's the couple of players that are stupid and expect "honor" duels even when they get invaded, which is simply friggin' laughable. Invasions are not duels. On the other end, there's the tryhards that wear the most ridiculous combination of armor, weapons and spells. They're min-maxing, but not in the usual sense. I mean that they're minimizing the skill required to maximize their ability to win, because they suck and have to rely on overpowered combinations. They don't bother me too much, though, unless they also taunt as if they're the superior player when they win with their cheap tactics.

Also, the Metal Gear Solid games have an annoying community too at times. Obviously not the majority, but there's always a group of elitists that will talk crap about anyone that doesn't play the game in European Extreme and gets the best rank. Or, like in Ground Zeroes, anyone who doesn't turn off the mark icons and reflex. Friggin' ridiculous, elitism is toxic.

SeanM

you need to pay for weapons/contraptions that you have to advancement Morbid Dreams, yet in the event that you don't have the jolts (cash), you fundamentally need to crush to get the cash. It could be exhausting and baffling

Solarees

I really hate how overrated Persona 4 Golden has become. I love the game but the circlejerk surrounding it on certain Vita-focused forums is really annoying.

I know what you mean. This kept me away from trying Persona at all! It is just overrated and overhyped and that is not appealing to me.

jbeavis100

I strongly agree with that. It's only because the Vita is lacking a really epic RPG that is exclusive to it and they aren't going to do anything about it..

ajally123

With The Last of Us, even though it was my game of the year it was a bit repetitive in terms of gameplay. No doubt that the acting, music, story etc were top notch but after a while transporting ellie on rafts and ladders gets a bit tedious. JUST TEACH HER HOW TO SWIM OMG. The mechanics are fine with the shooting and stuff but just got a bit tame towards the end. Maybe it was because I didn't play on a higher difficulty.

Yosostupid

I really despised how in Grand Theft Auto 4, something like 60 percent of the map was locked off from you, and it happened to be the best part of Liberty City. I didn't like how you couldn't just start a new game and instantly start messing around (similar to Saint's Row), and instead you had to go through a series of missions and storylines just to unlock another part of the city that you expected to be free to explore from the start.

deathbyprayer

Probably in Dead Space 3. I just hate how the characters and the story went, i mean it's still good but I don't know I just want to punch them in the face every time. Especially Isaac Clarke and Ellie.

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements