• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Leaked Images Reveal One Of This Fall's Two Assassin's Creed Games

KMJ_84

One of this fall's big Assassin's Creed games, called or code-named Unity, is set at least partly in 18th-century Paris, according to early leaked screenshots obtained by Kotaku.

dcbc08cqhxtspmtpiiag.jpg

These screenshots, sent to me by a source who requested anonymity, show Unity's new assassin roaming around what appears to be Paris. You can see Notre Dame, the Seine River, and other Parisian landmarks, and the shots are very clearly from an early version of the game.P

What's more, this is just one of two major Assassin's Creed games that will be out later this year, according to a number of sources. Unity will be for the current-gen consoles—Xbox One and PS4—while a second game, possibly called or code-named Comet, will be released on Xbox 360 and PS3. Presumably one or both versions will also be on PC. Sorry, Nintendo fans: I haven't yet heard anything about Wii U.1

More info here - http://kotaku.com/leaked-images-rev...m_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

Although it's just a couple of images, this game has the potential to be amazing. Scaling the roofs of houses and buildings in ol' gay Paris! :D

If it is indeed in Paris, I wonder what they will do to replace the ship battles that were in the last 2 games? Going back to play older AC games, well they feel lacking now. Doing a new AC without ships, or something equivalent would seem like a step backwards in my opinion.

jstep7262

One notable new feature: there are now buttons to "parkour" up and down. I hear this is part of a new Assassin's Creed navigation mechanic that will debut when Unity releases this fall.

I'm interested in the new navigation mechanic that they'll be introducing. I know that I occasionally (okay, all of the time) have issues with getting stuck on crap in Assassin's Creed 3. Hopefully it will work better!!

KMJ_84

Some Alpha footage :)

Looks stunning, now it seems more likely that this game will be set during the French Revolution.

Just a shame that the Eiffel Tower wasn't completed until late 1800's. I'd have loved to have climbed in game that to get the views of Paris :)

jstep7262

Looks stunning, now it seems more likely that this game will be set during the French Revolution.

Just a shame that the Eiffel Tower wasn't completed until late 1800's. I'd have loved to have climbed in game that to get the views of Paris :)

Gorgeous!!! Eek!!! :)

VV1LLC

I liked the Ancient Aliens theory, so Im really curious to see how they tie up the whole modern story to the French Revolution... Who knows maybe they end up skipping it completely.

Razor

I liked the Ancient Aliens theory, so Im really curious to see how they tie up the whole modern story to the French Revolution... Who knows maybe they end up skipping it completely.

I wouldn't mind if they skipped over the modern story, really. This looks awesome though. I'm more interested in seeing if the Civil War period was covered.

Stuck_X_Button

I liked the modern parts of the story. It was as exciting or pulled you into the setting like the period parts, but it was the glue for the whole story. Without it, you kind of have a series of related games with vaguely related protagonists.

VV1LLC

I liked the modern parts of the story. It was as exciting or pulled you into the setting like the period parts, but it was the glue for the whole story. Without it, you kind of have a series of related games with vaguely related protagonists.

Agreed! Not to mention, a crazy evil super being from eons ago loose on earth is kiiiiiinda of big deal, to just drop off completely :p Lol

deathbyprayer

I was kind of disappointed at where the series has gone to I mean, I was expecting it to be a stealth game along the lines of Splinter Cell and MGS, I mean, its an Assassin game after all. Yes there's elements of stealth in the game, but you know. But I guess its a nice touch to not just make into another stealth action game. Anyways, I'm curious as to what they're about to do next, I mean the previous games where okay, but I'm getting a bit tired of the same story formula.

cenarion

Looks beautiful. Looks like the architecture will enable some sweet parkour action that just wasn't possible in the last 2 games. That brings me joy!

DrRipley

I think the game looks great and I like that it's set in Paris this time. I have some complaints about the costume again though, because it looks kind of gloomy, but as long as the gameplay is good then I wouldn't really mind as much.

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements