• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

League of Legends

ozadin

League is a popular game right now, I'm sure some of you play it.
How do you play? Do you play to win or play for fun.
What level are you and do you play ranked?

runejet

Haha. I feel a bit ashamed to say this but I'm totally bad at LOL. I'm still quite new at it though, so I should improve as I understand more of the game mechanics. I was introduced to LOL by my friends and I find it to be really fun as you can come up with so many different strategies and gameplays.

I'm only Lvl 2 right now and I play Ryze as I feel that it is one of the easier characters and is something that I feel suits my play style.

ozadin

Haha. I feel a bit ashamed to say this but I'm totally bad at LOL. I'm still quite new at it though, so I should improve as I understand more of the game mechanics. I was introduced to LOL by my friends and I find it to be really fun as you can come up with so many different strategies and gameplays.

I'm only Lvl 2 right now and I play Ryze as I feel that it is one of the easier characters and is something that I feel suits my play style.
Yeah, Ryze is an easy champion to start off with, but very difficult to master. You have to use his combo correctly, or else you won't do anything. It takes a while to get used to the game, I know I was really bad when I first started.

mattyfaz

I used to be a WoW player for about 5 years. I stopped last year and have been considering trying out League of Legends, how would you say it compares to WoW if any of you have tried both?

runejet

I used to be a WoW player for about 5 years. I stopped last year and have been considering trying out League of Legends, how would you say it compares to WoW if any of you have tried both?
From what I understand from my friends, since I don't play Wow, LoL is similar to DoTA. This is not surprising since the creators of DoTA created LoL. Both games have the same basic game mechanics, where you have to understand farming and team-play. After that it become a huge debate. Some of my friends say DoTA is better as LoL is too basic and simplistic while some say that LoL is better, with the larger gaming community, the constant updates and new champions.

ozadin

WoW is a little bit similar to LoL. You use skills to kill players, get items to get stronger, but what runejet said is true. If you played dota or dota 2, it's very similar. I'd recommend you pick it up because there will be some key mashing.

BilboSwaggins

WoW is a little bit similar to LoL. You use skills to kill players, get items to get stronger, but what runejet said is true. If you played dota or dota 2, it's very similar. I'd recommend you pick it up because there will be some key mashing.
The bolded part is true, but there's a massive difference between the two games because in LoL your characters aren't persistent, and only exist for the duration of one match (30-45 minutes on average). In WoW you can spend literally hundreds of days creating and perfecting the one character, but in LoL, you have to start over once the match is over.

ozadin

The bolded part is true, but there's a massive difference between the two games because in LoL your characters aren't persistent, and only exist for the duration of one match (30-45 minutes on average). In WoW you can spend literally hundreds of days creating and perfecting the one character, but in LoL, you have to start over once the match is over.
Yep, the good thing about each champion is that there are many different builds you can try out. Some can work out great like AP Tryndamere, and some will just be outright dumb like AD Veigar (i'm sure there are some successful games with him, but still). You can even spend years perfecting one character in WoW. You aim to get the best items, and there are constantly better items each day.

runejet

but in LoL, you have to start over once the match is over.
But I feel that this is the best part of LOL. How well the match goes depends on how well you know your character,your builds and how well you can adapt them to the different play styles of other players. Teamwork also plays a part in the equation but it's the same for many RTS games.

ozadin

But I feel that this is the best part of LOL. How well the match goes depends on how well you know your character,your builds and how well you can adapt them to the different play styles of other players. Teamwork also plays a part in the equation but it's the same for many RTS games.
The match being over could be a good thing. There may be a situation where your team is absolutely trash, and is horrible, but doesn't want to surrender.
Also, your team could also be a bunch of flaming, and toxic players, so that's always a reason why you want the game to end.

Looper

I have two accounts, one I share with a friend - and it's already in challenger rank because he's too good. The other one is still level 20+. One of my friends asked me why I use the low level more. He said I would be queued with better players if I use my main. And I told him I want to play to get happy, not play to train myself for a tournament or something. I used to be really good but after quitting for almost a year, I lost most of my talent.

I'm wondering, do you guys read the champion's lore? how about the newspaper thing?

GetFresh

I play LoL as well. I thought it was a stupid game and was not worth the time until I actually played it for myself. I ended up getting hooked and still play to this day. I'm only level 16 and started a couple months ago. I love playing as either Teemo or Garen, sometimes i'll even play as Volibear.

iShootRocks

I guess League of Legends is a cool game.. I personally don't play it a lot but my friends are absolutely addicted! Maybe I just don't play it because my friends never played with me and I got bored of playing alone.

xdratx1

League of Legends is awesome MOBA game. Same claim that it was copied from DOTA, which I currently do not know if it did. However League of legends is still pretty awesome considering all the epic champions they have, compared to that of DOTA. As a matter of fact, League of Legends is quite a popular game, I don't think there are much haters, just look at their animations on Youtube! I can't stop clicking that watch button!

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!