• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

keep, sell, or trade... What do you do?

f_dog80

Just carrying on a discussion we had at work today about games,
Do you keep your games, trade them in for the next game or sell privately.
Just curious more then anything. With my PS3 I kept almost everything, but I rarely bought a game at release.

Haze

I'm the same. I used to trade a lot, but now-a-days I sell them on eBay considering how much a rip-off it is these days to trade your games in. There are some games I will never ever get rid of though (Red Dead Redemption, Beyond: Two Souls, Medal of Honor, etc.)

f_dog80

I'm on the fence about it this time around.
I do have a full time job so if I game comes out and I want it, I'll just buy it.
I enjoyed my game collection but I find it hard to go back and play a game that I've already played before, so most times they sat unused for quite some time.

Haze

I'm on the fence about it this time around.
I do have a full time job so if I game comes out and I want it, I'll just buy it.
I enjoyed my game collection but I find it hard to go back and play a game that I've already played before, so most times they sat unused for quite some time.

I know what you mean. When I finish a game, I'll rarely ever play it again (with the exception of Red Dead Redemption and a couple others).

Derri

, , Darkness, ,
I'll keep a game normally but sometimes I'll trade them in or sell them on Ebay.

However I do know a lot of people who price their games way too high on Ebay.

f_dog80

So far I'm leaning towards keeping them again, even the couple I've played through I don't really want to part with.
I like your comment about space though, when I traded my PS3's in I had a bin full to the brim.

Oberon

, , The Enforcer, ,
... I find it hard to go back and play a game that I've already played before, so most times they sat unused for quite some time.
That's it yeah.
On PS3 I kept a few of my favs like GTA IV,Red Dead and Half Life 2 for ages thinking they are too good to sell and I will play them again..lol
But I didnt and I ended up ebaying them anyway,only for less money as since they were older titles by then they were not worth as much.
So unless I REALLY plan to never sell a game I will ebay them soon after for maximum value.
Exceptions are games I may online mulitplayer,like BF or CoD games for eg.

I can tell you some games Ive bought brand new at online retailers I ended up ebaying it for more than I paid for it..lol
But take off ebay,paypal and postage fee's and it does work out a little less in the end.

Ciel

See-Elle
I usually just trade it back in. I get a nice bonus so really I end up just buying a game for like $15 in the end. I just traded in MLB 14 The Show for $47. I played the heck out of the game so ultimately no money was really lost. If the value is low on a game I will try Cragislist. Usually I can make an extra $10-15 this way.

daimashin

I mostly keep all the games I buy. I don't sell old games off as I don't feel like selling them off. I said mostly is because I tend to give away some of the games that I no longer need to either friends, or relatives that play games. This allows me to borrow the games from them whenever I feel like replaying them without having to buy again.

Moberg

There were many games I traded in the past and bitterly regreted the decision. Once I even bought the same game second time because I wanted to play it again badly. Now I mostly keep them with a few exceptions.

f_dog80

There were many games I traded in the past and bitterly regreted the decision. Once I even bought the same game second time because I wanted to play it again badly. Now I mostly keep them with a few exceptions.

This is what I'm afraid of, I've rebought games many many times.
.... hmmmm I may have to keep them again, unless I know for sure I do not like the game!
Thanks for the discussion guys!

Haze

Happens to me on occasion too. Problem is, I buy it for a second time and don't end up playing them lol.

f_dog80

Well it's decided. I traded in 5 ps4 games I thought about it long and hard, yeah I had a lot of PS3 games but the majority of them I had played before and was like "oh man that was fun, I wanna play that again!" And would never get to it.
I got $110 on trade in. Why was I sitting on games I'll likely never play again.

sparkblade14

I really only buy games that I know will last me a while. I know Wolfenstein is great and all, but it won't last you as long as something that has a competitive MP aspect. As a result, I end up buying games and keeping them. I rented I:SS just to see what the fuss is about.

wowtgp

tend to keep all the games I have purchased. Then again, I don't purchase the physical copy of games often.

RPCOM

I usually keep the games or share them with friends. Selling games doesn't give me a good price at all. If I have an urgent need for cash, I would consider selling the games, but not usually. If I didn't like any game, I trade it for another game which I want to play, though.

Heyshiloh

I generally keep my games. I kept every single game I bought for PS2, gave away a couple for my PS3 and I think I might end up trading one or two for my PS4. I tend to be a little late on the game, though, so by the time I try to trade my games in they've lost a good amount of value and it feels like robbery without a gun. I think that I'll end up trading Knack, which my mother bought for me but I wasn't a huge fan of, with one of my gamer friends for something on an older console. I wish there was a better option than Game Stop for trading/selling - does anyone have suggestions?

deathbyprayer

I'd keep the games that are good and I'd sell those that I didn't like that is if somebody is willing to buy it. But for the most part I keep all my games since I might still play with them someday and it fills up the games on my bookshelf pretty well.

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements