• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Just got my PS5

redwolves

Hello all. I was wondering if there was a way to see news and live videos from the USA? I am currently living in Thailand and when I go to view other players content they are speaking in languages I don't understand. The only thing I can think of is changing my time zone region to the USA, but that will change the time to California time and throw me off quite a bit. And the other way is to possibly use a DNS but I don't want to throttle my gaming, downloads, etc. Can anyone help me? I don't want the foreign content to show, I would much rather have content from home to show. Thank you.

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member
I don't have any experience with this but perhaps you can look into VPNs? I'm not sure how this would work on game consoles but it is something to google. Maybe it'll lead you into some kind of direction :)

redwolves

I don't have any experience with this but perhaps you can look into VPNs? I'm not sure how this would work on game consoles but it is something to google. Maybe it'll lead you into some kind of direction :)
Thank you for your help. Yes, I was figuring that I would possibly need to do that. I am hoping to find a way to alleviate this issue, which is not really an issue per se, but a regional issue of sorts. I will try a DNS I subscribe to and see if that helps. Would REALLY love if I could access PS Now, which is apparently not available in Thailand. Even with my 1gb down / 500 mb up connection, wired, on a PS5. Sad to see Sony being so limiting when it comes to their own services for games that are clearly available here in Thailand in their own store. Strange to say the least.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P I watched this video and I got my ps5 purchase yesterday PlayStation 5 0
coffeguy1898 Just got it! Introduce Yourself 2
W So my wife got me a PS4 pro, don't know what to play. Any tips appreciated. PlayStation 4 9
Titan Titan got a kitten! Off Topic Lounge 2
M Just got Witcher 3 as a gift quick question. PlayStation 4 0
B Just Got Our PS4 Introduce Yourself 5
Sekelani Finally got my hands on the bloodborne strategy guide PlayStation 4 0
C Got a PS4 add me on PSN! (: Introduce Yourself 4
Sekelani Just got resident evil revelations 2 PlayStation 4 2
J Just got a PS4 but need help Introduce Yourself 5
H NFS Rivals: Anyone feel like they got lazy? PlayStation 3 1
L So i just ran the weekly heroric and took down Phogoth on my own and got ? PlayStation 4 7
A Hello - got my first playstation Introduce Yourself 5
L Finally got some legendary weapon drops PlayStation 4 12
Kosh Exotic Hand Cannon Bounty - Got it finally! (Strategy inside!) PlayStation 4 6
D Best "GOT-TO-BUY" games on the PS4 PlayStation 4 1
InTheNation Anyone got any more info on this game? PlayStation 4 4
K I got assassin creed 4 on ps4 PlayStation 4 6
iamthenight90 just got a ps4. i need some freinds. Introduce Yourself 9
K hey, I got the Sly Collection PlayStation Vita 8
Abqu Finally got around to Second Son... PlayStation 4 12
C Just got PS4...Some Questions PlayStation 4 1
trueblue Anyone got a game they're hooked on? Other Gaming Talk 34
C Ive got 2 ps4's for sale if anyone is interested... PlayStation 4 2
Frantic Official I Got My PlayStation 4 - Owner Impressions Thread! PlayStation 4 144
lindbergh Who's got a callous in his thumb? PlayStation Legacy 5
lindbergh Beyond: Two Souls only got a 6 from IGN PlayStation 3 14
crazyduck How long has the PS3 got? PlayStation 3 102
Viridian Got a bit of a sense of humor? PlayStation YouTube Videos 12
J Unboxing New PS5 Faceplate Covers + New Controllers PlayStation 5 Accessories & Peripherals 0
L Ps5 shuts off randomly during game play, but not for movie streaming or youtube?? Help PlayStation 5 0
G Ps5 storage PlayStation 5 0
C Little nightmares 2 enhanced ed for ps5?? PlayStation 5 0
F Ps5 starts up , shows logo then goes blank . PlayStation 5 1
S PS5 VRR & AUTO HDR TONE DIMMING UPDATE PlayStation 5 0
J Ps5 controller wont accept 2 controllers on same account? PlayStation 5 Accessories & Peripherals 0
A PS5 Controller displaying orange with white light PlayStation 5 Accessories & Peripherals 0
R Warzone ps5 PlayStation 5 0
DestroyRepeat Sony announces new PS5 covers PlayStation 5 Accessories & Peripherals 0
S PS5 Keyboard PlayStation 5 Accessories & Peripherals 0
G Alienation play better or worse on PS5? PlayStation 5 1
A physical Games do not copy to ps5 PlayStation 5 0
N PS5 Signal Issues PlayStation 5 1
L Anyone still looking for a PS5? PlayStation 5 3
T 3 screens for sim racing on ps5 PlayStation 5 1
C New to PS5 war zone problem PlayStation 5 0
F Wrong price for upgrading Ghost of Tsushima Director's cut to ps5 PlayStation 5 1
F PS5 or Game Issue PlayStation 5 1
E Roaming User PS5 PlayStation 5 1
D Need ps5 freinds PS Clans & Communities 0