• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Issues Keeping PS4 Connected to Lan port

marc1982443

Anyone else having issues keeping the ps4 connect with the lan port? mine keeps loosing connection while in stand by mode. I then switched to wifi and having the same issues.

Last edited by a moderator:

bigj0110

Anyone else having issues keeping the ps4 connect with the lan port? mine keeps loosing connection while in stand by mode. I then switched to wifi and having the same issues.

I'm having the same problem, but with wifi. Every time I go to standby mode or turn it on from standby mode it can't connect. I made a post about it on this site seeking help as I can't find any kind of fix for it anywhere online or even directly from Sony themselves. I think it is the network card for wifi and lan connections having errors with standby mode and going in and out of standby mode.

marc1982443

I switched out my router and haven't had an issue since. I had a net gear. I'm now using a Older dlink. I'm using a wired connection for the time being. haven't lost connection in 4 days now.

BBGold

Power cycle your ps4 and/or modem. Even your internet connection. Try switching the ethernet cables too.

bigj0110

I switched out my router and haven't had an issue since. I had a net gear. I'm now using a Older dlink. I'm using a wired connection for the time being. haven't lost connection in 4 days now.
Well in my case it has nothing to do with my internet, internet provider, modem, or my router at all because 1st off it only happens every single time when I'm in standby mode or just getting out of standby mode on the PS4 and if I never put it on standby mode or am never just bringing it out of standby mode the internet is working 100% fine all other times on the PS4. Second when the problems are going on with the PS4 at the same time an Imac, Macbook Pro laptop, a Samsung Galaxy S4 all wireless and one Windows desktop that has a lan/wired connection from the same router are all working 100% fine while only the PS4 is not working and can't even scan for a connection so I can reset up the internet on the PS4. Also, like I said in my post about it on this site I temporally fix the problem by turning the system fully off and then immediately turning it back on and then it automatically connects me to the internet and the PSN once it's back on. But that means I can never do any internet related stuff like update games or download and install a game when I'm away from the system and put it on standby like it is supposed to because my internet isn't is coming through to the PS4 for what every reason. The reason I'm posting on here is because so far I have not been able to find a fix for it all via searching Google, the official PS Forums or any other site as well. Also, when I call Sony I have to wait for over 30 minuets to even speak to any one and then they end up not having any idea about my problem at all and they just give me a basic general fix(number 6 in safe mode) that supposable is a fix for a lot of different things that should fix any problems, witch in this case does not help at all, and I'm just trying to find an answer so I'm doing what every it takes until I can get it fixed because it is pissing me off, sorry.

Last edited:

BBGold

Have you contacted Sony? It might be worth it to ask them and tell them every single detail. When there's no other answer on the internet, that's the best thing to do.

bigj0110

Have you contacted Sony? It might be worth it to ask them and tell them every single detail. When there's no other answer on the internet, that's the best thing to do.

I said it in the post you read and responded to, but I'll say that part again. When I call Sony I have to wait for over 30 minuets to even speak to any one and then they end up not having any idea about my problem at all and they just give me a basic general fix(number 6 in safe mode) and that supposable is a fix for a lot of different things that should fix any problems, witch in this case does not help at all. Also, multiply people at Sony are not allowing me to send it into Sony as well because they keep saying that number 6 in safe mode is a known way to fix any internet related problem. One last thing the error code I'm getting is "E-80411302" (no quotation marks) witch by the way my error code is not even saving under error history at all any of the times. When I search the error code on Google the same exact error code is for the same problem I'm having with not connecting to the internet, but thous systems and the problem that was talked about have nothing to do with standby mode or when the system is turned on from standby mode at all while my problem is only in standby mode or only when turning the system on from standby mode.

Last edited:

bigj0110

Also, I want to let you know that I just tried standby mode right now with with an ethernet/lan cable and I'm still having the same problem with the same error code, so it does not matter if it is with wifi or with a ethernet/lan cable. I believe that it is the network card that has to be replaced or they have to swap out my system, but like I said before Sony is not allowing me to send it into Sony because they keep saying that number 6 in safe mode is a known way to fix any internet related problem and there is no need to send it to Sony.

marc1982443

When I called in for the problem. I was on the phone for 3 hrs with a couple different t techs. I was given the option to send system in. I decided to try another router and the problem has been resolved. Your other option is take it to where you purchased for a return/exchange.