• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Is it just me, or did the hype around Titanfall die off incredibly fast?

TomRalphio

This is in no way intended to be flame bait, by all accounts it's a great game. It just seems like for all of the hype leading up to Titanfall's release there hasn't been a heck of a lot of talk about even like a week after launch. Am I crazy or is this what others have noticed too?

Edit: for those saying "all hype for games die off once they are out," that is categorically not true. The hype surrounding games like skyrim, fallout 3, the last of us, minecraft, borderlands 1 and 2, bioshock and infinite persisted for months. So I don't think that argument holds much water.

Haze

Moved this topic to the appropriate section as this is purely an Xbox Exclusive.

The Unlosing Ranger

Mighty Strike-Out Slugger
I definitely know what you mean. I heard more about Titanfall the week before release than ever and I rarely hear about it now.

deathbyprayer

I'm sorry if I'm not gonna add anything useful to this thread, but I do heard a lot about Titanfall, and I was wondering, what makes this game so special? I mean what sets this game apart from the other shooters? I'm really curious, maybe I'll buy one soon enough.

SeanM

Its just you Titanfall is still a pretty hot ticket on the net in gamer circles especially with the new release of a DLC recently by respawn for TF, its gonna be epic...

Ridge

This happens to almost every game. People can't shut up about it leading up to release. Then the game comes out and people realize it is just another game and things get quiet after a week or two..

Esperahol

No you aren't mad - the talk about it outside of Xbox heavy sites didn't really last that long. I think part of that was that the hype couldn't really match the game. The game is a solid entry, but it isn't the Second Coming of Mario so yeah... whatever.

Cpt Blackadder

No you aren't mad - the talk about it outside of Xbox heavy sites didn't really last that long. I think part of that was that the hype couldn't really match the game. The game is a solid entry, but it isn't the Second Coming of Mario so yeah... whatever.
Dunno which XBox sites your looking at, but the 2 i am part of are setting up all kinds of titanfall events.

TF is going just as strong as COD does in the places i frequent :)

PS - I LOVE the game. Was on it last night :)

Annabell

Yeah I can see what you mean actually. I was really excited for it before it came out, but now I never really hear about it, or even think about it all that much.

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!