• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

I'm confused, is Titanfall coming out for the PS4?

dieselfit

I don't think this was asked for before and I couldn't really find the answer. Is Titanfall coming out for the PS4 console or what??

The Unlosing Ranger

Mighty Strike-Out Slugger
Xbox 360, One and PC only. Seems they have an exclusivity contract with Microsoft for this game but not as a franchise, a sequel could release on PS4.

Obsidian

Why do exclusivity contracts even exist, surely all they do is keep games out of the hands of people who want to play them whilst making the companies an arseload of cash, no doubt. I'm not buying an X1 or able to play it on my Macbook, so screw them.

Genuinely wondering why people put up with it.:confused:

The Unlosing Ranger

Mighty Strike-Out Slugger
Why do exclusivity contracts even exist, surely all they do is keep games out of the hands of people who want to play them whilst making the companies an arseload of cash, no doubt. I'm not buying an X1 or able to play it on my Macbook, so screw them.

Genuinely wondering why people put up with it.:confused:

Most likely reason is that whoever secured exclusivity is helping the advertising, development or publishment of the game. For example, Bayonetta 2 is a Wii U exclusive because Nintendo is taking care of publishing the game. In Titanfall's case, Microsoft seems to be helping advertise the game I guess...

It kind of sucks but it's one of these kind of things you just gotta learn to deal with...

human5

This is a common business strategy that both Sony and Microsoft use to get them to buy their console. Basically it's like: If you buy the other console, you can't play this game when it comes out only on ours.

I know, it sucks. But fortunately, there are several great multi-platform games to choose from.

Obsidian

Why can't you play it on your Macbook? Is it not powerful enough? If it's because you need windows, look into Bootcamp. If you're not aware, it lets you load windows on your mac.

Nowhere near powerful enough. Don't get me wrong it'll do Bioshock or Last Light ok, but I can't see the 650M keeping up with the new generation of games, especially fast paced multiplayers like this.

dieselfit

Most likely reason is that whoever secured exclusivity is helping the advertising, development or publishment of the game. For example, Bayonetta 2 is a Wii U exclusive because Nintendo is taking care of publishing the game. In Titanfall's case, Microsoft seems to be helping advertise the game I guess...

It kind of sucks but it's one of these kind of things you just gotta learn to deal with...

So there's no way Sony could come out and say "Hey Microsoft, chill. Let me in this contract and we'll call it even"? If Titanfall was coming out for the PS4 I wouldn't be debating on what console to get first. I really want the PS4 but Titanfall looks so good, I haven't even seen a game that is that attractive with the PS4.

dieselfit

So there's no way Sony could come out and say "Hey Microsoft, chill. Let me in this contract and we'll call it even"? If Titanfall was coming out for the PS4 I wouldn't be debating on what console to get first. I really want the PS4 but Titanfall looks so good, I haven't even seen a game that is that attractive with the PS4. Ah I guess exclusive contracts can't be changed or something right?

Obsidian

So there's no way Sony could come out and say "Hey Microsoft, chill. Let me in this contract and we'll call it even"? If Titanfall was coming out for the PS4 I wouldn't be debating on what console to get first. I really want the PS4 but Titanfall looks so good, I haven't even seen a game that is that attractive with the PS4. Ah I guess exclusive contracts can't be changed or something right?

It depends on the contract, some are timed exclusives in which case we would get TF in a couple of years but I don't see that happening here. The devs are trying to go AAA with it and if that happens they'll be happy enough with MSFT.

baracksyndel

I'm wondering if Titanfall is a timed exclusive or a complete exclusive. I'm leaning towards complete because Microsoft is trying really hard to get more titles for the Xbox One like Sony and Nintendo have for there systems. And it's a shame because I agree that Titanfall looks really good but I doubt you'll see it unless you enjoy the PC. That's how I'm playing it.

Obsidian

Yeah, for all my mini-ranting above I might cave and get a less expensive rig. I've never gamed on a PC before* but sod's law now I have the money I don't have the time.:(

*Not in any seriousness anyway, single player doesn't count!

CpmPanda

Xbox 360, One and PC only. Seems they have an exclusivity contract with Microsoft for this game but not as a franchise, a sequel could release on PS4.

I don't usually hate on other consoles but it pisses me off that microsoft always gets DLC and such a month early or games that were going to go multi-platform and end up signing contracts for xbox only. If it comes out for pc it should come out for ps too but then again microsoft owns the world lmfao

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements