• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

How to replace your PS4 Hard Drive

schoat333

As I have said many time before.
Another reason why digital only blows big time.Downloading large files can take many of us ages,not to mention one's own IPS's bandwidth caps per month.
I'm lucky to have decent speeds and no data cap, which is the only reason I have purchased any digital games. I just hate to have to download the games, and then all of the damn updates after as well. My digital games are basically Destiny and COD AW.

rkkeller

Knock on Wood besides the free demos and PS+ games, all but 2 of my others are on disc. I might not even bother redownloading the demos and PS+ games right now, just install all mine.

I already have the OS on a USB stick and my 2tb HD should be here tomorrow so am very ready.

Shipping now
Guaranteed delivery by: Wednesday, December 3, 2014 by 8pm

Last edited:

rkkeller

I just noticed the 1st post in this thread does not say anything about backing up and restoring your game saves and data.

I know its easy to do, but maybe it should be added to help others reading this.

rkkeller

OK done already and it took all of 2 minutes, no joke its that easy.

Unhook PS4 and put on table, press down and slide left side cover off no tools needed, unscrew 1 screw and pull out HD caddy, unscrew 4 screws on caddy holding HD down, put in new HD screw in 4 screws, push caddy into PS4, put in 1 screw then slide the cover back on and hook it up again.

Now put in the USB stick that has the OS on it and hold down the power button until the safe mode menu appears. Connect your controller with the usb cable to pair, then update the software and go thru some setup type screens.

The hardest and longest part is reinstalling all your games and apps and saves which I am still in the process of doing.

Last edited:

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!