• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

How long did you use your PS1

daimashin

Before finally moving on to the PS2? I remember that I bought my PS1 in 1998 and the games that I bought were Gran Turismo, Fighting Force, and Dragon Ball Final Bout. I used it until 2002 after I bought the PS2, continued to use it for a couple of months before fully switching over to the PS2.

BBGold

I used my ps1 from 1998 to 2002. It was still awesome even then, I still played Ace Combat and Crash Bandicoot a ton. I liked the PSU demos too and even played Madden 100,000 times haha

SpaceTiger

I played my PSX for a long time once I got my hands on RPGs and the first two Smackdown games. Couldn't put an actual length of time on it.

SS42A

I played the PS1 back in 1997 as my brother left it for me. The first games I played on the PS1 were Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy Tactics, Vandal Hearts, Suikoden, and Tekken 2. Later games include Parasite Eve, Tenchu 1 and 2, Syphon Filter 2, and Twisted Metal. I played my PS1 during my college years when I switched over to the PS2.

SpaceTiger

That was an awesome lineup of games to be left with! I've never really been left with a console and games, but I'd like to think I'd do the same as your brother and not leave someone with lemons.

Ghost_of_Crash

I wish my older sister left me with all of that stuff. I just got a bunch of fighters. I like fighting games, but more diversity would've been nice. Can't look a gift horse in the mouth.

robbiepayne97

I got my PS1 in early 1999 with my first ever game, Spyro the Dragon (the first one) then I used it to...well I never stopped but maybe 2003? I got my PS2 in 2001 or 2002, but I still played PS1 here and there, but I never stopped. I still even play it.

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member
Still got my PSX but it's not hooked up. Once I got my PS2, I never really used it again. With the backwards compatibility of my PS2, I didn't really see the need to have both hooked up. Considering I could use the old peripherals on my PS2.

lindbergh

I cannot really remember. However I think it lasted for more or less 5 years. It wasn't a very sturdy electronic device I must admit. I had it fixed a couple of times. My PS2 lasted a lot longer. Actually it's still working until today. That's what I call worth it.

CpmPanda

I used mine since 1998 to 2004, my girlfriend, who is now my wife, bought me one when my job situation was good and we both bought stuff for one another cause we could haha. I don't see myself affording a PS4, less I win one, or someone buys me one. ;)

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member
I used mine since 1998 to 2004, my girlfriend, who is now my wife, bought me one when my job situation was good and we both bought stuff for one another cause we could haha. I don't see myself affording a PS4, less I win one, or someone buys me one. ;)

Ask your wife ;)

dannyboy

I used my PS1 for about 7 years. I sold it back in 2004. Once the PS2 came out, I was more focused on that system along with the Xbox.

FosterTXT

I still have my PlayStation 1 hooked up. I still find the console a lot of fun to play still. Lately, I have been playing through Grand Turismo 1 and 2. I have also been playing a lot of crash bash with friends. I am surprised it has lasted this long to be honest.

SpaceGuy

I used my PS1 for about four years then it was destroyed in the 2004 tsunami when I was in Thailand. I was a kid at the time so I did not understand the concept of a tsunami, but I was bummed because my PS1 broke and I lost all my games with it. My parents were so glad that we were all fine that they bought me a PS 2 the next day, but we shortly left Thailand because many diseases were being spread.

klieny

i got my ps1 in 2000 for my birthday and i played fifa 99, gran turismo and some other games just cant remember because it was so long ago lol. but i only played it for 3 years then i got the ps2.

Abqu

I still have mine, and plug it in from time to time. I enjoy the days of old, but I guess I'm ancient in the gaming world. Every year or two I love to dust off FFXIII and deal with Squall's emo gunblade.

SeanM

I used it for years, even after I got access to a PS2, games like Capcom vs Marvel and Street Fighter, were definitely my faves.

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member
I still have mine, and plug it in from time to time. I enjoy the days of old, but I guess I'm ancient in the gaming world. Every year or two I love to dust off FFXIII and deal with Squall's emo gunblade.

Its fun to bust out old games every now and then. The retro game I'm playing now is SimCity 2000. I'm actually playing that one with my girlfriend. She played it as a kid and so did I. Bonding at its best :) 20 years later though, still an amazing game.

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements