• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

How is the console version of Minecraft?

jardantuan

I've had the PC version since it was in alpha, and I periodically go through phases of playing it excessively.

My laptop isn't the best, and struggles to handle it on render distances higher than Low (usually I stick to Tiny since I get slowdown on Low quite often). So a console version, one that would run just fine for everybody, seemed like a good idea to me. But upon reading more about it, it seemed kind of limited. Small world sizes along with other issues made me decide not to get it.

For those that have both versions, which do you prefer and why?

aperture7

I think Minecraft might be one of those games better left to PC. It's free, whereas on console it's $60? Why would you choose the latter?

Haze

Just to confirm it, Minecraft is coming to both the PS3 and PS4, with it being on the PS3 first. And if you're paying $60, then somebody is ripping you off as here in Australia it's only around $25-30 - and our country is one of the most expensive prices for gaming.

Anyways, I've played the Xbox 360 version and definitely plan on getting the PS3 version when it releases. I love the game on the 360, in fact it's the only reason I still have a 360. PC will always be the superior version of Minecraft, but for us that do not have a PC for gaming it's fantastic and addictive.

Slowly, the 360 version is catching up to the PC with all the updates. I know the Xbox One and PS4 versions will have much bigger worlds.

HydraForce

For the most part, they are kind of the same thing. PC allows greater view distance, larger worlds, and mod support, but for the most it's kind of the same. Aperture. Minecraft is only free if you're playing Minecraft Classic. The actual game on PC requires you to purchase a copy. If someone's trying to sell you minecraft for $60, you'd be better off just giving them your wallet because they are generally stealing from you. It's $20 on the Xbox 360 Marketplace.

The Unlosing Ranger

Mighty Strike-Out Slugger
Console version falls behind on updates and the worlds are much more limited than the PC version. Not too bad, regardless, but the Minecraft hardcore really love their massive worlds.

SpiralArchitect

Its ok and from what I hear, it is going to improve a lot when it comes to the PS4. That said, PC is still the only way to play Minecraft as far as I am concerned. The difference is quite obvious.

Dame6089

If you are used to the PC version, I wouldn't suggest switching to the console version. The console version is fine, but it is not nearly as fleshed out as the PC version. You are going to find that the console versions are always a step or 2 behind the PC versions.

Dark Septagon

The Tru7h is Darker
Like most things on console compared to PC Minecraft has been cut down in ways. It also is not updated nearly as often like the PC version.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A "I wish they made a PC/console version of this..." PC Games 38
S PS5 Console PlayStation 5 1
B Any way to dim power led on console? PlayStation 5 1
DestroyRepeat How to transfer your PS4 data to the PS5 console PlayStation 5 0
Carlos An up-close and personal look at the PlayStation 5 console hardware PlayStation 5 1
Preach2k PS5 Details REVEALED | Sony PlayStation 5 High End GPU Cooling & Next Gen Console Pricing Details! PlayStation 5 0
C Watered Down or True Next Gen. Power House of a Console.. You get what you pay for. PlayStation 5 0
Preach2k PS5 console reveal LEAKED by Sony Developer! (PlayStation 5 News) PlayStation 5 0
Carlos Sony confirms the next console is PlayStation 5 PlayStation 5 1
Carlos Next Gen PlayStation console confirmed PlayStation 5 1
Oberon Sega Classic Game Console (bought one) Other Gaming Talk 13
J Console fanboys Rant Other Gaming Talk 6
Sekelani New destiny console PlayStation 4 5
Sekelani Thing of getting the Batman themed playstation 4 console PlayStation 4 11
R Is their a console for PC games? PC Games 2
B Does this damage my ps4 console? PlayStation 4 5
Derri Sale-Bargain-Cheap PS4 Games, Console, or Accessories PlayStation 4 0
S Ps4 Controller and Primary ps4 console PlayStation 4 3
jCage Which monitor is better for gaming on PS4 console? (i need help) PlayStation 4 3
L Few important questions before buying my PS4 console PlayStation 4 44
Alex_68 Post Your Console Setup Pictures Other Gaming Talk 27
N Two players - two controllers - one console???? PlayStation 4 2
Oberon Google Reveals $99 Nexus Games Console Other Gaming Talk 1
gamerteabwoi What Do You Think Is The Best Game That You Played On The Console? PlayStation 3 7
gamerteabwoi Flipping The Console Over PlayStation Legacy 7
iamthenight90 pc games you want on console PlayStation 4 28
deathbyprayer Should I upgrade my computer or just buy a console? PC Games 6
Frantic Oh Snap, Top Selling Console for 5 Straight Months in The U.S.!!! PlayStation 4 18
O Where to find a new PS4 Console Body PlayStation 4 44
KMJ_84 PS4: 100 games expected in 2014, console “generally sold out” PlayStation 4 9
Mikey Paine Are you a better at console or PC games? PC Games 20
DrRipley Mad Catz New Console Other Gaming Talk 13
KMJ_84 Amazon’s Android console to launch this year priced below $300 Other Gaming Talk 14
trueblue Anyone ever put one of them skins on their console? PlayStation 4 6
KMJ_84 Xbox One won't be Microsoft's last console, exec suggests Xbox 1
B PS3 to PS4 Upgrade without PS3 Console PlayStation 4 3
jstep7262 Sony still winning console war with 4.2 million PS4 consoles sold PlayStation 4 29
daimashin Does vertical make the console hotter? PlayStation 4 5
Rocketman Vita vs 3DS. Which console do you think will end up with the most sales? PlayStation Vita 34
daimashin Different colored console. PlayStation 4 9
L Does ps4 controller work on PS3 console? PlayStation 4 1
D So apparently it's the Console transitions fault that people hate Ghosts PlayStation 4 13
M PS4 loses Black Friday console war PlayStation 4 27
B EA Reporting PS4 Update Could Cause Console Bricking PlayStation 4 8
M Bricked PS4 Console? here are few tips to fix them PlayStation 4 5
DrRipley "Never Buy A Console At Launch" Video Other Gaming Talk 10
BioLee DayZ May Become PS4 console exclusive PlayStation 4 14
DrRipley Your Most Used PS Console & Game PlayStation Legacy 7
D Quality of PC Games vs Console Games? PC Games 47
S Your first gaming console Other Gaming Talk 49