• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

How Excited Were You When The PS3 came out?

dannyboy

I would totally stoked when it came out. I would have to say that i never anticipated a console release more than that one. I think its because I am a Playstation fanatic through and through. My first console was a PlayStation 1 and i adored it. I am anticipating the PS4 too, but i am little worried about the price.

RaggaJungle

I was equally as stoked. I loved PS2 and so anything better in my mind was going to be mind-blowing. The PS3 did live up to the expectations I had of it, and still I think it's a great console. The PS3 will not get old simply because the PS4 is out, I think only in perhaps another couple of years will I be viewing the PS3 as outdated. I can't wait for the PS4 too, but it will be a fair while before Sony gets more money from me!

dannyboy

Yeah. The PS3 is still on relevant standing. I think in 5 more years, it might be on the same level as PS2 is right now.

andyred

It was great, I had to buy a new HD TV as well just so I could experience the HD graphics in full.
My first game on it was Sonic, not the best game to try out the graphics but hey it was a start and it was great.

It was the first time I got to experience watching movies in Blu Ray as well so that was an extra bonus!

What was your first game/movie on the PS3?

BlackSolaris

Professional Escapologist
It just kind of happened. The launch titles weren't that good and the only thing that made me want one was Motorstorm that i played at a friend's house. I only bought one 3 years after the original release, and i think i made a good choice by waiting it out.

dannyboy

I think it's good that you waited it out. You spent less money on it than most of us did. I think I will do the same thing for PS4. That system will cost a decent amount of money.

lindbergh

I wasn't that excited actually since I was still milking my PS 2 dry. I was still having a blast with games like Okami and God of War 2. Couple that with the lackluster launch of the PS 3 and it's hyper elective price and I completely lost faith in the console. Fortunately, the price dropped and a lot of great games came out.

carclain

I wasn't very familiar with video games at the time, so I wasn't too excited. All I had was an original Xbox, and played Halo 24/7.

themarksquared

Jesus Christ, I was REALLY excited when I heard of the Playstation 3 from a magazine for the first time. When I read that it would be released in a few months, I literally jumped around my room due to excitement. I really wanted to buy the console so bad.

The funny thing is I didn't even get to buy the PS3 :p. Oh well.

Joker99352

I didn't really care about the PS3 when it first came out. It wasn't until just a few months ago that I finally bought it, and that was mainly because I didn't want to spend $100 on a Blu-Ray player alone. I also wanted to play PlayStation exclusives, and that's obviously not something you can get elsewhere. I was more excited for the Xbox 360 when both systems came out, but that's because the PS3 was like $600 and that's an absurd amount for any console.

DrRipley

I wasn't too excited about it when it came out since there were not much games for it that I was really interested in enough at the time. Also, I didn't really like how the first PS3 looked, so that factored in to my overall lack of hype towards it. I did like the cool graphics though, but I don't really care that much about that anyway. To be fair, though, I don't really get hyped that much about these things except for when I see something I really like.

ozadin

I wasn't overly excited, nor was I not excited at all. I was happy to say the most. I enjoyed playing some games like Spyro on the PS2, so I was wondering when the PS3 was going to be released so I can play Spyro in that as well. I quit before actually hearing anything about the PS3, so I just forgot about it. I never got around to getting it on release date, but a few years after.

RaggaJungle

I was fairly excited, but not as much as when the PS2 was out. I was the first out of my friends to get a PS2 and so this is what made me more excited I think, plus back then I was younger and so that is also why. I was more excited about GTA 4 than I was for owning a PS3. I knew GTA4 would be an awesome game and so took to buying it as soon as I could. Yes, I was definitely more excited for the available games than I was for the actual console.