• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Here is the Playstation 4 console!

Haze

playstation4console.jpg

What do you think? I think it looks good. Not sure about the Playstation Eye though (doesn't really interest me).

It kind of reminds me of the PS2 console. I suppose at the end of the day it's not about how it looks, but how if performs.

Attachments

• 945586_597470443609953_1155078876_n.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

BlackSolaris

Professional Escapologist
It looks like a monolith or a future server tower.
And yeah, it's not about the design of the console, but the hardware itself.
If it manages to run all those upcoming great games, it's good enough for me.

Haze

Here are some other notes taken from Playstation's Facebook (most of this have already been mentioned here though)

- PS4 is coming and you can experience the next generation in gaming at the remarkable price of $549.
- PS4 supports used games.
- Disc based games won't require you to check-in online.
- SCE Worldwide Studios has more than 30 PS4 exclusive titles in development, 20 of which will launch during the first year of PS4.
- Overall, there are more than 140 games in development for PS4, including over 100 that will be available within the first year.
- More than 85 games will launch by the end of 2013 on PS Vita.

DrRipley

I'm a Playstation fan, but to be honest, I'm not too fond of this design and I even favor Xbox One's design over this. Still, it's not like the design is so ugly that it would prevent me from buying it, especially with the relatively lower price they opened at. I'd probably wait for the next design before I buy one seeing as I'm not really looking forward to many of the initial releases anyway.

KellyKellz

I'm not to in to the design. I mean, its not ugly but its not an Apple product in terms of the slickness that they tend to have for their products. Like someone said before, its not about what it looks like, its about what it can do and it can play some damn good games from what I've seen at the Sony conference yesterday.

Haze

I'm a Playstation fan, but to be honest, I'm not too fond of this design and I even favor Xbox One's design over this. Still, it's not like the design is so ugly that it would prevent me from buying it, especially with the relatively lower price they opened at. I'd probably wait for the next design before I buy one seeing as I'm not really looking forward to many of the initial releases anyway.

I wonder how long after the release of the PS4 they announce the eventual PS4 Slim... :p

andyred

Hmm, The Controller looks a bit weird, are the Handles on it a bit Longer or is that just me?

The console it self looks pretty nice though and the Cam Bar with it all matches the Blocky-ness of the Console.

Will the Cam Bar come as standard with the Console or Payable separate?

ozadin

That design looks pretty great in my opinion, a lot better than what the Xbox One looks like. I missed the panel for Sony for E3 yesterday, which is a damn shame.

Haze

Hmm, The Controller looks a bit weird, are the Handles on it a bit Longer or is that just me?

The console it self looks pretty nice though and the Cam Bar with it all matches the Blocky-ness of the Console.

Will the Cam Bar come as standard with the Console or Payable separate?

Looks like it will be sold seperate for $59 according to this: Specs Sheet Says The PS4 Has A 500GB Hard Drive, Camera Not Included

That design looks pretty great in my opinion, a lot better than what the Xbox One looks like. I missed the panel for Sony for E3 yesterday, which is a damn shame.

Thank God for Youtube :D

NickJ

Looks like a slick piece of alien technology to me. Like something they would've found in the movie "Chronicle" or in the TNT series Falling Skies.

Phailadin

I love how it looks! Very sleek and nice. I'm a huge aesthetics guy, so this is a bonus for me. As for the controller, it's... interesting. A bit different and longer handles are a bit odd, but I can dig it. As for the price, I was expecting it to be ~$500. A bit pricey, but I'll be saving for it. Excited for SO many games coming out so quickly, my wallet is not prepared.

RaggaJungle

I think it looks nice! compared to the Xbox it looks slicker in my opinion, and perhaps smaller in size too. I'm glad they haven't made the analog sticks cock-eyed like they have on the Xbox... again I say PS4 for the win! can't wait to actually play it now.

NickJ

I love how it looks! Very sleek and nice. I'm a huge aesthetics guy, so this is a bonus for me. As for the controller, it's... interesting. A bit different and longer handles are a bit odd, but I can dig it. As for the price, I was expecting it to be ~$500. A bit pricey, but I'll be saving for it. Excited for SO many games coming out so quickly, my wallet is not prepared.

Could always card it. I am sure the release of PS4 and games will cause a spike in credit card usage and credit card purchases at places like Best Buy or Wal Mart. Where you can get a store card to use and get a credit limit of as much as $2,000.

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements