• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

HELP! with media sharing, connecting PS3 to computer WIRELESSLY

Actjack

alright well ive had a heck of a day...called SONY and they said to call Microsoft because those of you that know, to stream media from your computer to your PS3, you use Windows Media Player 11 to share/stream media.

So i called Microsoft and got my call redirected 4 times, i eventually wound up in the XBOX department because they practically work the same way except he couldnt help me with the PS3 -.-
Sorry just venting after hours of nothing

Down to the Specifics:
I have a 60gb PS3 with the latest firmware
running windows XP MEDIA CENTER EDITION...oh the irony
Both of these devices are connected to the same router in the house...both can access internet
but cant get WMP11 to discover my PS3

So i beg of you, please give me hand and ill provide any information i have not included
It worked once before but i changed routers & they both were connected via WIRED via the router

danealegana

I think it was just the buffering since wireless is slower in sending packets than wired.

But you may want to try this. Install any sort of media server software on your PC. Then set the media server to search in the directories with the media you need to be accessible. Then browse the media server on your PS3 under video/music/pictures on the main system menu.

Hope that helps.

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements